• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

My Cheese factory hair metal rig (pics)

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Very cool. Makes me think of Lukather immediately.

iaresee

Silver Supporting Member
Dude! My first "real" guitar was an RG that looked exactly like that one. Nice. Thanks for a flood of wonderful memories!

as a retired cheese metal vet of the Sunset Strip scene....this is more a studio cats style rig. Us metal dudes couldn't afford the rack stuff...a Marshall head and 4-12 cab or three and one or two stomp boxes is about all most of us could scrape together.

3 Mile Stone

I had an H&K just like that. Those things will ROCK ... oh yes they will!

+1 on the Egnater, I had one of those too. Channel 3 is heaven.

Just wondering if that string of lights in the left of Pic. 1 is part of your rig?
I love Christmas lights!!!!

as a retired cheese metal vet of the Sunset Strip scene....this is more a studio cats style rig. Us metal dudes couldn't afford the rack stuff...a Marshall head and 4-12 cab or three and one or two stomp boxes is about all most of us could scrape together.
:jo darnit. Nothing ever works out right. :crazy I was thinking like Schon, Lukather, or Landou.

looks pretty sweet
THanks!!

How's it sound?
Best sounding rig I've put together actually. The Egnater IE-4 + the VHT 2150 = best setup I've heard.

I had an H&K just like that. Those things will ROCK ... oh yes they will!

+1 on the Egnater, I had one of those too. Channel 3 is heaven.

+1 on both counts.

Ascension

+1 I was in Birmingham Alabama and toured the Southeast. For the most part I was running a JCM 900 50 watt Dual verb and stomp boxes. I did however run a Marshall JMP-1 for while with a 9200 and some of the Rockman half space stuff.
I remember hanging out with Rex Carrol of White cross ( I was in the Christian Metal scene ) and being shocked to see he was just running a Peavy Rockmaster pre and a Classic 50/50 live.
Not taking anything away from your rig man I bet it sounds GREAT but it can be a real surprise to see what many of the Hairband guys were actually running back in the day!!

GrecoVee

+1 I was in Birmingham Alabama and toured the Southeast. For the most part I was running a JCM 900 50 watt Dual verb and stomp boxes. I did however run a Marshall JMP-1 for while with a 9200 and some of the Rockman half space stuff.
I remember hanging out with Rex Carrol of White cross ( I was in the Christian Metal scene ) and being shocked to see he was just running a Peavy Rockmaster pre and a Classic 50/50 live.
Not taking anything away from your rig man I bet it sounds GREAT but it can be a real surprise to see what many of the Hairband guys were actually running back in the day!!
Back in the mid`80's most of us in hair/glam metal bands could bearly afford one half stack, a guitar and a couple of pedals.
Good thing back then you could still find`70's and even sometimes`60's Marshall gear for cheap $$ in the pawn shops!! I had an early`70's Super Lead, stock with a Marshall 4x12 w/ 25 watt Celestions and used just two pedals, a Distortion and a Chorus.
I would give anything if I still had some of the Marshall gear that I bought dirt cheap back in the `80's!!:(

Lonely Raven

Man I miss my rig like that. Got stolen about 12 years ago...I gave up playing guitar for nearly 10 years after that. Only recently getting back into it.

AL30

Wow that's a lot of gear. Do you take that to every gig or do you have a stripped down version?

AL

Trending Topics