My Cornish SS-3 is ready, but I don't think I can buy it

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bicktrav, Mar 1, 2012.

1. bicktrav

bicktrav Member

Really annoying situation. I got on the waitlist about a year ago, and I just got an email from Pete letting me know it's ready. But my financial situation has changed, and I just don't think I can swing the $650 it'll cost me for this thing right now. Really sucks because I've really been dreaming about this pedal for a while. Anyway, just wanted to vent.

2. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Maybe see if he can bump you back on the list a bit or if a friend is willing to use it until you get finances together, or sell the ole'trusty, workhorse Fender than many of us might have laying around (don't know if you do).

3. Twitchey

Twitchey Member

tricky ... I would try and find a way because the value of the pedal is not likely to drop ever (it will become more valuable)

4. bicktrav

bicktrav Member

Yeah, this is driving me nuts. I'm going to see if there's a way to work it out. I do have a trusty workhorse Fender - a tele that I rarely use. But I just feel ridiculous selling a tele to finance a pedal. Plus, even though I don't use it, I have a kind of connection to it; I used to gig with the thing all the time. But then I guess that's how hoarding begins.

5. traviswalk

traviswalk In the Great State Gold Supporting Member

You can bump down the list and tell him a revised time when you may be ready to pay.

6. kaseri

kaseri Member

Tell Pete to let me have it instead. I'll gladly take your spot in line!

:)

7. cajone5

cajone5 Some guy Silver Supporting Member

Sell us some cool stuff on the cheap to fund it :)

That's usually how I swing those purchases :aok

8. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

Just curious why yours costs 650.00 when its listed on his site @ 411.01?

9. bicktrav

bicktrav Member

The total cost is $411.42 GBP. In US dollars that ends up being $655.60.

10. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

I should have known about that exchange rate thing. Thanks, and good luck funding your pedal.

11. freaksho

freaksho Member

cancel the order, get a Bearfoot HBOD (or whatever other natural sounding pedal) and forget you ever even heard of Cornish. i'm sorry but unless you have more money than you know what to do with it's ludicrous to spend $650 on an OD pedal. i mean talk about diminishing returns - you really think it makes that much difference??

12. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

It IS the best OD I've ever used with a Marshall or Hiwatt (and I've used a LOT of them), in that application only far ahead of the Klon or the HBOD. That said, I don't think you can resell at a profit, I'd ask Pete to put your name back on the list for say 6 months and keep putting it off till you give up or till you can afford it.

13. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

+32/taxes.

14. Twitchey

Twitchey Member

I hear ya ... it's a lot. You can get a good toneful guitar AND amp for that money.

But it's a financial investment as much as anything else ... 'diminishing terms' is perhaps the wrong term to use as the item will appreciate in value significantly as time goes by! Much more (I believe) than putting the same money in a tax free savings account, and in the meanwhile you have a creme de la creme toy to play with ... *

In fact, I have just talked myself in to putting myself on the list today!

* discounting insurance costs, if you choose to to so ...

edit: I have seen them exchange for more than the original selling price on eBay, but that's not really what I meant regarding the appreciation of value. I was thinking more several years in the future ...