My D*A*M Meathead Deluxe arrived! (Pic)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by teddy boy, Dec 22, 2005.

1. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

... And boy is it georgeous!

[​IMG]

The sound is fantastic too! I'll have to give a detailed description tomorrow when I get to my practice place to play it with my class-A 15 watter. Now I've only used a small Peavey.

I opened the baby up as well and the workmanship is superb! Nice clean solders! David is also building me an Acetone Fuzzmaster clone. Can't wait for that to arrive too.

My rig is beginning to look and sound great!!

2. JimiB

JimiB Member

Oh that is just awesome! If I could control my meathead a little better it would never leave my board. Where did you get it and how much $?

3. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Hi Jimi,

I ordered directly from David at D*A*M. Ask him for a price quote. It wasn't expensive though compared to the quality of the pedal. Its a D*A*M custom shop creation. Mine's the 5th Deluxe made.

I've been playing all evening now! Yippee!!
    :RoCkIn

4. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

That is a cool box. While waiting for my Tone Bender MkIII, Sam Ash Fuzzz Boxx Replica, Colorsound OD Replica and Univox Unidrive Replica which Dave is working hard at as we speak, I bought a little X-mas present for myself. It is a custom Meathead called the BuddHead complete with way trippy graphics with sayings like "Freak Out". It also has a few fine 5 leafed graphics woven in with the DAM logo and a cool pinup girl sticker on the side. It is a cool lime green with a Big Muff knob. The knob is labeled "Smoke". It is the perfect pedal for retro fuzz tones on a very small pedal sized format.

BTW, what other pedals are on your board along with the Deluxe Meathead and soon to be Acetone?

5. e-flat

e-flat Supporting Member

You guys are speaking my language !
    I've had a custom dual Tonebender called the Space Oddity for a while now... Its a MKII with OC81Ds and a "66" with OC76s that Dave made for me. It is my fave pedal, for sure.
    I just recently got to try the Drag'n'Fly and Meathead in a Musictoyz tourbox, and I got so hooked on the Meathead that I ordered one ASAP. Just got my unit (a standard in gret hammertone) last week and its my new baby. Between the Space Oddity and the Meathead, I can cover so many fuzz bases.
    I feel like Dave has an uncanny talent for fuzz.... When I score a new job and actually HAVE some more money, he will be receiving MANY more fuzz orders from me.

teddy boy: That custom is beautiful ... I damn near went the extra $ for one of those, but ended up going with the standard just cause I was so in love with the way it was tuned. I'd love to hear your feedback.

Todd: You got that Buddhead off Ebay? I saw that and was really tempted to bid... what cool graphics! Congrats.
    Sounds like you've got some serious D*A*M beasties coming your way... I've heard that his Colorsound Overdriver clones rip... I've wanted to pull the trigger on one for a long time, and even discussed a Germanium version with Dave briefly. Let me know what you think!

6. todd richman

I grabbed the Buy It Now Budd Head and it does rock and look so cool-Marc Ford and Rich Robinson, not to mention Chris would love the sound and graphics-funny thing is I do not dabble in that stuff anymore!!!! Yeah, the Colorsound should be awesome-thanks to riffpowers for the review a bit ago. I also cannot wait for the Unidrive Replica and the Sam Ash Replica(pure Tommy Bolin) who is a new fave for me!

7. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Gents,

Had a nice blast on the pedal last night. Man, this fuzz is tight! Great for some lead work รก la Mick Ronson. Nice for some Billy Corgan Siamese Dream era lead sounds too. A good amount of gain on tap! I'll tell you more once I get to my practice place.

Todd Richman: My complete pedalboard to be completed in January will be: Vox Clyde McCoy Wah-> Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe Jr.-> Catalinabread Super Charged Overdrive->Fulltone OCD-> TIMMY-> Deluxe Meathead->TU-2->Deluxe Memoryman-> AMP.

Still waiting for the Timmy, using a Menatone Top Boost in a Can 6 knob version at the moment. Who knows, maybe the Timmy won't replace the TBIAC6. I'm pretty pleased with it but I just wanted to see what all the fuss is about with the Timmy.

I'm not sure if I'll have enough room on the board for the Acetone replica. I'd like it there so I'l have to see what the situation is. I was thinking of it more as a studio "instrument" though.

Do you guys have pictures of your D*A*M's? Post them!!

8. griley

griley Member

I've also just got my christmas custom meathead off ebay. It's the Warhead with the P-51 mustang graphic and knob labelled KILL. Here it is

[​IMG]

This is my first D*A*M fuzz and i'm absolutly blown away by the sound, its an absolute monster. It's got huge amounts of fuzz but its also clear and dosn't seem to swamp the guitar's sound like my big muff used to.

The insides are very clean and the whole thing feels indestructable.

This is my first "boutique" pedal and i'd like to thank you guys for talking about these companies that i'd have never heard of otherwise.

George.

9. Chuck Snider

Chuck Snider Member

were's a site were one could check out the dam pedals? thanx

10. EL34

EL34 Silver Supporting Member

There isn't much gear that gives me GAS any more, but these DAM pedals do it in a big way. I have the MKII and the 1966, and I am trying to figure out which DAM pedal is next for me. Dave Main knows fuzz better than anyone!

11. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

He sure does! I'm on the verge of ordering his Big Muff-clone, the Ram Head and a Drag'n'fly. I'm really interested in the Sonic Titan too. Wish he had some clips of that somewhere. It has an intruguing design for sure. Anybody tried one?

12. todd richman

The thing that is amazing is that he will build basically any dirt box replica you want-case in point-my Univox Unidrive and Sam Ash Fuzzz Boxx replcias which are underway. I may even have him do a Tube Screamer on Steroids for my new Rory Gallagher Strat to plug into. I am suddenly intrigued by the Strat Blues thing again after using Pauls exclusively for the past 5 years. I think the John Mayer Trio, Tommy Bolin and Rory have sparked my newfound Strat single coil resurrection!

13. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Member

Just found this thread ... you guys should post some photos. Any of you get in on the new limited run of 1965 pedals? Mine should arrive next week.

14. little cyress

little cyress Member

15. little cyress

little cyress Member