• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

My DD-2 died today

RussB

low rent hobbyist
My Boss DD-2 delay which was modded by "DSD" (I have no idea who that is) with a switch that makes it sound more "analog" has crapped out. There is very little delay, and it's only audible when all the knobs are turned up to the max.

Any hope for this pedal? Does anyone repair these things?

analogmike

Platinum Supporting Member
If you still have a little delay, it could be just the mod is screwed up. Find where he tacked a wire onto the board and cut it off an inch from the board (not the ground wire, the other) and see if the delay comes back. Good luck!

RussB

low rent hobbyist
Thanks Mike for the reply.

I was thinking along the same lines...there are also some wires cut/removed from the input jack and power jack.

ben_allison

Early DD-3's are the same. I believe they changed the board layout, or chips, or something on the DD-2, and released it as the DD-3 (marketing).

But as far as I know, the tonal differences are minimal, if not indiscernable. So if you need to replace the pedal, I'm fairly certain a DD-3 (easier to find) would be suitable.

And the "switch" you're talking about is just a adding a capacitor into the "feedback" loop to roll-off highs... it's a simple mod that almost anyone with soldering experience can do.

So if it's breathed its last, no need to worry!

RussB

low rent hobbyist
If you still have a little delay, it could be just the mod is screwed up. Find where he tacked a wire onto the board and cut it off an inch from the board (not the ground wire, the other) and see if the delay comes back. Good luck!

Tried it and...no luck. Same extemely weak delay

For the record, the 9v battey connector was removed, that's the other cut off wires I see in there.

It might be time to get a Carbon Copy

ben_allison

It might be time to get a Carbon Copy
You won't regret it... sounds beautiful, looks beautiful.

A truly great delay. On v2, the modulation is very present and very lush. Of course you can dial it up or down with internal trim pots.

Trending Topics