My Echopark Guitars Nightmare

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by Crshngdstryr, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Algebraist

Algebraist Member

Looks like it says Echºpark to me.

[​IMG]

chumbucket and nowhere like this.
  2. AmplifyMe

AmplifyMe Silver Supporting Member

You might be right. Well looks like a Gibson guitar, so maybe they are still engaged, just waiting to buy the ring next year.

I should buy one for sure because if the partnership goes south this will only go up in value, maybe worth $2800 in 5 years. I don’t care if my investment is playable or not.

nowhere and Algebraist like this.
  3. big mike

big mike Plexi Loving Admin Staff Member

Guys.
    enough of the snark (no pun intended). Have a discussion, but again, personal attacks, constant derailment and the daily garbage name calling and burning in effigy is just going to get it locked.

Rules are clear, please review them.

les_pauline_1388 and nowhere like this.
  4. Pano-dilzapp

Pano-dilzapp Member

I don't get how he can sell the V's now that the deal is dead ?

chumbucket and nowhere like this.
  5. nowhere

nowhere Member

As far as I know it's just Dean that Gibson is currently engaged in suing. And past history of attempts to make an old body shape a legally enforceable trademark (thus preventing anyone else from making them) have failed in court, so as long as Gabe isn't putting a Gibbson logo on them he shouldn't be in any trouble on that front.

I recently tried a search on "Echopark Guitars" and "Echopark Guitars review" on a brand new computer (so no previous history that could bias things in favor of TGP turning up early): the former turned up this thread about halfway down the second page, the latter was the first result returned.

6. scottcw

scottcw Low rent hobbyist Silver Supporting Member

Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review

COYS and Sociophile like this.
  7. hookakat1

hookakat1 Member

Least surprising revelation in this entire thread.

saltbird, COYS, bojocatkite and 5 others like this.
  8. lifeson1

lifeson1 Supporting Member

I’d like a better clarification on the nature of that (doomed?) relationship myself. Maybe there was a moratorium clause that allowed for instruments in que to be built out.

Either way, it’s a lost cause. Every Echopark review should reflect this sordid saga

9. cholula69

cholula69 Silver Supporting Member

I originally ordered the Southsider to play with some Swing and Jazz bands. I thought it would be a dream guitar based on his ad copy. To start with it has no acoustic qualities associated with a semi-hollow and the top is stone-cold dead with no resonance. It is about a half-inch thick and and I am guessing makes up most of the weight of the guitar. It is hard to tell though, as the body is pretty clunky too.

You saw the photos, other than that it plays like a solid body and has none of the warmth and woody tone that you would hear when playing that type of guitar. The only thing semi-hollow about it is that Gabbe routed out some wood and cut out an f-hole. The "sound chambers" are neither cleaned nor tuned and do nothing to enhance the tone or resonance.

I called him out on it and his reply was that the guitar was designed with JH in mind and designed to play at loud, stage volumes. My reply was that there was absolutely nothing that mentioned this or even implied that the guitar is a loud volume rock guitar. He references the 1930s craftsmanship, grand piano tone, and using that design to take it into a modern setting. This was the best he had to offer.

I really think he simply does not know or have the skill to build this type of guitar. What I believe is that he thought by routing out some body wood and slapping a top on with an f-hole he could market it as a semi-hollow guitar. It will be impossible for him to replace anything as he simply is not capable. If he had Terry McInturf ghost build for him could he market a product that fit his description but Gabbe would surely find some way to screw it up and make it useless. It is a dream guitar alright, it is just that this dream happens to be a nightmare.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  10. scottcw

scottcw Low rent hobbyist Silver Supporting Member

This is even worse than I understood from your previous posts. Add false advertising to Gabbe's list of gaffes if it is not already on there. Con artist is as con artist does.

Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review Echopark Guitars review

chumbucket and COYS like this.
  11. Sociophile

Sociophile "Ignore" Button Aficionado Supporting Member

Back on topic: From the photographic evidence presented in this thread, it is clear that Echopark guitars are terrible and nobody should buy them.

#echoparkguitarsreview
    #makeabetteroneyourself

12. 54GT

54GT Silver Supporting Member

And I guess the t-shirt will have a massively high thread count
    (Sorry couldn’t resist)

13. Halsey

Halsey Member

NOS Egyptian cotton harvested in 300 BC and shoddily sewn in the messiest shop ever in Detroit.

Do the holes and uneven sleeves affect the fit bro? It’s normally an upcharge. JH and Mr. Depp pay extra for the mojo. What do you know about fashion anyways?

14. hookakat1

hookakat1 Member

Are you saying any Echopark guitar review should mention that Echopark guitars are terrible and nobody should buy them?

chumbucket, TD_Madden, COYS and 2 others like this.
  15. Sociophile

Sociophile "Ignore" Button Aficionado Supporting Member

Correct. I am directly observing that any EchoPark guitar review that attempts to review an EchoPark guitar should mention that EchoPark guitars are terrible, and nobody should buy them.

On the other hand, non-EchoPark guitar reviews don’t have to mention that EchoPark guitars are terrible, or that nobody should buy them. I mean, they could mention it, and maybe should mention it, but they don’t have to.

#echoparkguitarreview
    #builtwrong

16. Halsey

Halsey Member

So if I am looking for an Echopark Guitar for sale and I want to buy an Echopark guitar because I saw Echopark Guitars on Instagram, I should first look for an Echopark Guitars review and read reviews of Echopark guitars in an established guitar forum for guitar reviews?

Would these Echopark Guitar reviews show me the lack of craftsmanship, poor quality, and horrendous playability of Echopark Guitar builds?

Would a review of Echopark Guitars also review their horrible customer service and how Echopark Guitars handles or fails to handle problems and quality issues? Just in case Echopark Guitars has problems, issues, and bad customer service.

Are there Echopark Guitar issues? Are there Echopark guitar problems?

Asking for a friend. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    chumbucket, Gilky, COYS and 4 others like this.
  17. The bear

The bear Member

It doesn't surprise me that he has no idea how to build a guitar like that(or any other guitars for that matter). Just get a Collings man, you won't be able to find a better semi hollow guitar. Leave the Gabbe guitars to the instagram hipsters and LA rocker wanna bee's.
    #epicfail #echoparkfail #gabbe

strangec, ecm1117, nowhere and 4 others like this.
  18. 2016aug29

2016aug29 Member

Not to derail, and I know Collings are great guitars, but shouldn't you write in your signature that you are an official Collings endorser?

Da Geezer and hookakat1 like this.
  19. The bear

The bear Member

I used to have it there but there wasn’t enough room when I added a link to my new album and book. If you follow the link to my book there’s a description on the back of the book in the bio listing that I am a Collings Artist. I thought most people knew already, seems like you did.

20. cholula69

cholula69 Silver Supporting Member

Which model guitar is that in your avatar?

The bear likes this.