My Echopark Guitars Nightmare

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Gold Supporting Member
More strings touching the adjacent posts, horrible waterslide decal, and I'm sure the cracks in the headstock finish are intentional...considering there is no other relicing on this guitar that I can see...

Ya know, the 12th fret is half the scale length? You can just eyeball this and tell this guitar would play so out of tune due to the bridge placement.

So....no one at EP is making sure a guitar is actually playable before they take a glamour shot?

This is so bizarre.

2020jan08

Supporting Member
Ya know, the 12th fret is half the scale length? You can just eyeball this and tell this guitar would play so out of tune due to the bridge placement.

So....no one at EP is making sure a guitar is actually playable before they take a glamour shot?

This is so bizarre.
I thought it was just an optical illusion because the photo is taken at an angle (and with a wide-angle lens), but compared with this 335, the bridge is WAY off! Could the bridge be movable and just not put in the right place yet?

drbob1

Silver Supporting Member

This is so bizarre.
That's gotta be it! It's a floating bridge, no way anybody would build a guitar with it down there... They just slapped it on anywhere and took the pic.

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Gold Supporting Member
I thought it was just an optical illusion because the photo is taken at an angle (and with a wide-angle lens), but compared with this 335, the bridge is WAY off! Could the bridge be movable and just not put in the right place yet?

The blue/green EP guitar apparently has a wooden floating bridge. But quickly measuring the photo, the bridge should be very close to the bridge pickup.

As pictured, there is no way to tune that guitar and have it play in tune. It would be so flat, it would truly sound like garbage.

Never played, never intonated, clearly messed up to the casual observer but fit for marketing in Gabe’s world.

There is no rational explanation.

nowhere

The blue/green EP guitar apparently has a wooden floating bridge. But quickly measuring the photo, the bridge should be very close to the bridge pickup.

As pictured, there is no way to tune that guitar and have it play in tune. It would be so flat, it would truly sound like garbage.

Never played, never intonated, clearly messed up to the casual observer but fit for marketing in Gabe’s world.

There is no rational explanation.
That's the sort of out-of-the-box, cutting edge thinking that lets an EP guitar play major thirds that are more in tune, especially the C# and E... and hold tuning with stability better than any other guitar.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, at least since it's a floating bridge (umm... it is floating and not pinned right? I wouldn't put it past Gabe to have locked it in place with a couple of wood screws...) it can be moved to the correct place. That poor Tele clone with the misaligned bridge plate is going to be a bit more of a problem.

I can think of one way to play that archtop in tune... use a slide! Maybe it's his brilliant idea of how to make a baritone slide guitar without having to make a new body and neck;)

cholula69

Silver Supporting Member
More strings touching the adjacent posts, horrible waterslide decal, and I'm sure the cracks in the headstock finish are intentional...considering there is no other relicing on this guitar that I can see...

Did you see the back of the headstock where he tries to paint a stinger on it? There is a clear dent in the neck wood and the tape line does not appear at all sharp.

Last edited:

Deven Patel

Did you see the back of the headstock where he tries to paint a stinger on it? There is a clear dent in the neck wood and the tape line does not apprear at all sharp.
wow its amazing that you can see it, you have the benefit of horrible experience.

any update on the micro brewery? i am wishing you the best and will give me a reason to visit.

Last edited:

Deven Patel

Yes, we ordered three glycol jacketed fermenters and three bright tanks for storage. We are in the process of putting together a three bbl pilot system and getting ready for when the beer festivals ( hopefully) begin again.
awesome, i have been to oktoberfest several times and willing to attend any festival.

JPH118

Yeah, you can often get away with being a jerk or being bad at your job. It takes a real Gabbe to go for both.
a wise friend once told me, there are three variables in everyone... being on time, doing your job well, and overall personality/likability. If one of those qualities is lacking, the other two can compensate for it. If two are lacking, that one thing better be amazing, and if it slips just a little, you’re finished.

Trending Topics