• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

My Echopark Guitars Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

cholula69

Gold Supporting Member
A $100 raffle ticket for the chance to spend another $1000 to a reputable luthier to fix the thing.
...or at least a couple hundred, which would void your “lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects” and those words are not worth much more than the paper they’re printed on, as gabbe has demonstrated. At least the instrument will be better than new... and playable.

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
...or at least a couple hundred, which would void your “lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects” and those words are not worth much more than the paper they’re printed on, as gabbe has demonstrated. At least the instrument will be better than new... and playable.

Lifetime warranty against defects. . . wow, that's funny. That warranty card must read like the National Enquire. . .

Ferg Deluxe

Double Platinum Member
Does it read anything like the C.O.A
View attachment 291520

Unique pickguard shapes -- love it!

The more I learn about Echopark's err...let's call it...design and manufacturing ethos...the more I want to find my 7th grade industrial arts teacher. I just want the chance to explain to him that the four coasters I made in class -- where the corners were burned and rounded because of my poor routing skills, the various dents and splinters, the poorly-fit cork that was supposed to absorb the condensation from dad's gin-n-tonics, and the uneven fit and finish -- these were all design choices made by an artiste and that he should have known this in advance of assigning me that particular project. The jerk.

cholula69

Gold Supporting Member
Unique pickguard shapes -- love it!

The more I learn about Echopark's err...let's call it...design and manufacturing ethos...the more I want to find my 7th grade industrial arts teacher. I just want the chance to explain to him that the four coasters I made in class -- where the corners were burned and rounded because of my poor routing skills, the various dents and splinters, the poorly-fit cork that was supposed to absorb the condensation from dad's gin-n-tonics, and the uneven fit and finish -- these were all design choices made by an artiste and that he should have known this in advance of assigning me that particular project. The jerk.
OMG I laughed so hard I almost spit my drink out. This is funny on a few different levels and squarely slaps the design choices crowd right in the face.

Deven Patel

Are you saying you would like a t-shirt? Are there any others tgp members would like a t-shirt? If there’s a demand I am willing to put the work in.

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
Are you saying you would like a t-shirt? Are there any others tgp members would like a t-shirt? If there’s a demand I am willing to put the work in.
I think it should be included with every guitar sold - lol. Something that is actual 'quality'.

dB

Clever. Looks like the pedal was released in February and this thread is still the first hit. He’d have to release a huge line of pedals named after all the complaints if his goal is to create a smokescreen....The Crooked Dots Tremolo, The Control Cavity Full of Saw Dust Fuzz, The Verbal Abuse Ring Mod...

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
Clever. Looks like the pedal was released in February and this thread is still the first hit. He’d have to release a huge line of pedals named after all the complaints if his goal is to create a smokescreen....The Crooked Dots Tremolo, The Control Cavity Full of Saw Dust Fuzz, The Verbal Abuse Ring Mod...
Maddison Square Bedroom OD. . . what a joker this guy is. 'Nightmare' Distortion - funny stuff. I can tell you that up here in the NYC area, I've led a few prospective buyers to this thread of common sense, and they have RUN from this 'nightmare' of a company.

Sociophile

"Ignore" Button Aficionado
I suggest we absolutely encourage this kind of idea from Gabe.

In fact, I want to help name his next guitar! We here at TGP are always willing to be helpful.

Of course, you can’t go wrong with naming the new guitar EGATANOSBT, but I’m also fond of things along the line of “Honestly, Obviously, Literally, Y’all... Gabe’s Really An Incompetent Liar,” (the H.O.L.Y. G.R.A.I.L.) model, as well as the “Miserable Ornery Jerk-Off” (M.O.J.O.) guitar.

If you’re full-blown rich, maybe go after the “What A**hole Buys Into this Shit After such Ba*tards Build It” guitar, the top-of-the-line W.A.B.I. S.A.B.I model.

So many great marketing options for EchoPark guitars! Looking forward to their new offerings!

scottcw

Low rent hobbyist
Gold Supporting Member
I had a nightmare that I owned an Echopark guitar. It came with a set of wabi-sabi coasters. I woke up from this nightmare in a cold sweat. It took me a minute to re-orient to reality and forget the nightmare of this nightmare.

What a nightmare.

Space Jazzer

This made me smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics