My Equator Standard Build - NGD

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by dmkz, Apr 24, 2015.

1. dmkz

dmkz Supporting Member

However the initial crack made its way onto the guitar I have no idea. What was clear when I had the guitar repaired was that someone else had tried to make a seal with some glue, and to quote my repair guy, "poorly." This was not done by David Coleman, it was done by one of the previous owners who took less care of it than myself. My guy had to remove the finish, remove the glue, and seal up the space with a piece of rosewood before refinishing it. I'm not saying this was a relic job and that it was done deliberately, only that some people don't care about these kinds of finish issues. And they are/were finish issues, not build issues. Otherwise the guitar would not have been as playable or as rich in tone. I know this because I played it for 2 years, before and after the repair job.

Whatever man, I think everyone knows by now your feelings on Equator Instruments. Love em or hate em. You decided to go with another builder for your project and are left with only anecdotal evidence. I have owned two and enjoy playing them very much. This conversation is boring me. I'm gonna go play my guitar now.

2. bilbal

bilbal Member

Holy **** what a thread. I'm so happy I'm going with Matt after that read.

dmkz likes this.
  3. traviswalk

traviswalk In the Great State Gold Supporting Member

Same here!!

dmkz likes this.
  4. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Supporting Member

I'm glad I play a Tele!:):):)

5. dmkz

dmkz Supporting Member

If Teles are no nonsense, then this guitar is certainly the anti-Tele!

But damn its a fine instrument