My favorite Clapton song

Phnurt

Gold Supporting Member
I was just listening to "Wonderful Tonight" a few minutes ago! Youtube rocks!

SamBooka

Too drunk to actually remember the name of the song but the Freddie King song he did with John Mayall and the blues Breakers,not the stumble but something like

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
Too drunk to actually remember the name of the song but the Freddie King song he did with John Mayall and the blues Breakers,not the stumble but something like
Hideaway, probably. They could have done others, but they definitely did Hideaway.

Since you're probably sober by now, you probably also remember on your own. Unless you're drunk again of course, in which case, I salute you!

Laurence

Gold Supporting Member
One of the more exciting of the many different versions of Eric. I'm a fan

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
Change the World ... He sings beautifully on this tune ...
Clapton was really blessed with a good toned soulful voice too, unlike many guitar heros who choose to be their own lead singer too)
(With that being said however... I must state that I think Joe B. also has a good voice)

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
Change the World ... He sings beautifully on this tune ...
Clapton was really blessed with a good toned soulful voice too, unlike many guitar heros who choose to be their own lead singer too)
(With that being said however... I must state that I think Joe B. also has a good voice)
Funny, but I'm watching a Clapton concert right now, not because of this thread, and as I read this post, that's the very song he's doing.

dmr34

Great timing. My band just worked on The Core today. We have a gig in a few weeks and a female vocalist is sitting in with us for a few songs, and will sing the Marcy Levy part. Just a monster groove on that live version. Marcy's vocals are incomparable.

Tommy Biggs

Gold Supporting Member
Key to the highway, nobody knows you when you're down and out, motherless children, hideaway.
I guess it's been awhile since I really dug Clapton, but I did.

wildschwein

Not written by him but I love 'Grand Illusion' from the August LP. Cool tune about realising you, your 'great love" and your ego aren't the only things in the world. Tremendous solos as well:

Last edited:

tommyg

The live versions of Blues Power and Little Wing, and the studio cuts of Forever Man and I Can't Stand It. So many tunes to choose from!

Pax

Gold Supporting Member
I've liked "The Core" since I was a teenager. Out of the blue I pulled it up on YT last weekend and started playing around with it on guitar. Not very good with it but it was fun. Would love to do it with band.

Last edited:

Sweetfinger

Silver Supporting Member
I always liked "The Core". It's a little busy in the arrangement IMO- maybe that's why it isn't maybe more generally popular. Did they ever bust it out with Doyle Bramhall on tour? That song seems like a little DBII sprinkled on would totally kill.

drewbledsoe

Gonna sound cliche, but Sunshine of Your Love. The harmonies with Jack Bruce, that classic riff, and one of the greatest song fitting rock solos ever IMO. If you don't know how to play it you should learn it.

Trending Topics