My favorite pedals are the OCD and Reezafratzitz... what 2 channel amp?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by aksman, Sep 5, 2008.

1. aksman

aksman Member

What amp head should I get if currently my favorite sounds are the OCD v1 on HP mode, and the Reezafratzitz with the bias turned up to 3 o'clock running into a Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12?

A decent clean is a must and I'm looking for a Head/Cab (no combos please). Vintage is fine, as is Modern...

2. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

check out the orange thunderverb 50.

3. aksman

aksman Member

ya? i was looking at an Orange (AD or Rockerverb), as well as a Mesa Boogie Stiletto (Ace or Deuce series II), Budda Superdrive 30 or 80, and a Marshall Silver Jubilee (if I could find one I could afford).

4. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

The Thunderverb is quite impressive. I walked in looking for a guitar and almost walked out with one. It will be on my list. The cleans are "better than fender" and the gain tones are amazingly versatile.

And there's a built in attenuator.

5. aksman

aksman Member

6. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Peters does it for me, although I have 'just' the single channel Halo head.
    Awesome cleans, and great crunch. It's light on the gain side, but he makes some brutal 2-channel monsters.

And I've had a couple DeVilles before, with the Reeza. The Peters has much superior cleans (Hiwatty), and takes pedals like it was made to or something. Speaker choice is important too, and I like my CL80 / G12H30 loaded 2x12 with that head.

http://www.petersamplification.com/

-Ben

7. aksman

aksman Member

Peters seems a bit out of my price range. I always envy your rig, Ben.

I'm hoping to get a head used below a grand, but maybe could approach the $1500 mark.

The thunderverb 50 seems quite interesting, as do the Stiletto and Budda Suberdrive... as does just getting a good clean head and sticking with pedals...

any other input/help?

8. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Awww... thanks aksman ;)
    Perhaps a Bassman or Bassman clone? Specifically the head version. Warm, thick, clear, and takes pedals like a charm. Great, great amps. Also, a friend of mine got a free (!!) 70's Ampeg v4 that sounds utterly amazing and also takes pedals like a champ. Lots o' watts, but I was impressed at how big and clear it sounded even at low volume through a little 1x12 cab.

-Ben

9. iamspartacus

iamspartacus Member

I've never played a Reez, but I can tell you that pushing my Carvin Legacy with a Launch Pad (or any boost) sounded just like the OCD v2 I owned. The lead channel of the Legacy might bee cool for you too.

10. aksman

aksman Member

I knew a guy who played a legacy for lead... i was impressed for sure.