My first Bass guitar recording :)

marinblues

My bass arrived this week.

I've been playing guitar for a while now and since I'm hopeless at it, I decided to try out the bass. :)
The bass is beautifull yet wierd animal and it's not that straightforward how to play it properly (for me, at least)

Here's a small tune I quickly set up. I play all instruments except the drums (which is a drum machine). I am terribly off-time in some places and some notes are wrong. My only excuse is that I was so excited about these new passion: I LOVE MY BASS!!!!!:

http://www.marinblues.it/music/june.mp3

(I'll get better at it, I promise)

Marin

scottl

You talanted multi-instrumentalist dog! Great job Marin! You did a better job than I would have done!

Just keep practicing with the drum machine and you'll get it!!

Congrats on the new passion.

Scott

marinblues

You're awfully kind Scott. Thanks.

Being a bassist has it's privildges: easier to find a band, easier to leave a band, less strings to play, the gear is cheaper, you don't need 6 basses (maybe 2 at the most), easier to groove, strings are changed less often, no picks required, no tube amps required, you can get away with playing a few notes...

Why make life more complicated than what it really is?:)

I've been practising my Marcus Miller chops, so I'll post something soon.

M.

marinblues

Originally posted by eBay
OK, just knock it off. If you're just needing some strokes, you can ask for them directly.

Otherwise, you're one of the most vital players on this forum. Your solo ideas and feel have been impressing everyone down at Mark's Guitar Shop in Spokane for a couple of years now. Also, your Tele tones are superb. Keep putting it out.

Oooo, that felt good! Thanks.

And a big hello to the guys in Spokane!. :)

M.

adlibmusic

Originally posted by marinblues
My bass arrived this week.

I've been playing guitar for a while now and since I'm hopeless at it, I decided to try out the bass. :)
Marin
That's good bass stuff Marin!! And I wish I was that "hopeless" at playing guitar. :D