My first boutique amp will be here soon!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by rubbersoul, Oct 13, 2008.

1. rubbersoul

rubbersoul Member

My new amp ships this week, today or tomorrow to be exact. It's my Twister Amps Dust Devil with a lacquered tweed exterior and oxblood grill cloth. Can't wait!

Jade was an absolute pleasure to work with. His customer service is great! Everybody should check him out! I'm really looking forward to this little monster!

Cheers

2. voojo

voojo Gold Supporting Member

Killer looking amp, the clip of it sounds really good as well! Appears to be a compact little tone machine!

Jade, is the lacquered tweed cabinet a bit bigger than the one shown on your website (the one with the western tolex?) I love the small size with the 12" speaker!

-Seth

3. skipm45

skipm45 Member

4. rubbersoul

rubbersoul Member

Beautiful Jade...just beautiful! It's like waiting for Christmas as a kid! Thanks for the great work.

Darren

5. bilbal

bilbal Member

Very cool little amp. The clips are great but I bet it sounds a ton better in person.

Congrats and enjoy buddy!!!

6. jerrylee

jerrylee Member

Hey Rubbersoul...you're gonna love it.

7. rubbersoul

rubbersoul Member

You're darn right! I just got it today and haven't been able to pull myself away from it. What a tone this amp has! It has a great distortion to it that is so responsive to picking dynamics. The variwatt works beautifully. The construction is impeccable, just very, very good all around.

Jade does a superb job building amps...can't say enough good things about him, he really knows what he's doing!

I think anyone looking for a great home amp that also has the power to play out should check out this little monster of an amp.

8. Brock

Brock Member

Holy Crap!!!!!!! I love the F3. I think I need to sell more stuff. What a rockin sweet amp!!!

9. jerrylee

jerrylee Member

I just had my 3rd rehearsal with "the Devil" last night. Plugged straight in..and it just keeps getting better. I did pop a Cannibis Rex in it just for fun (came with a Tonespotter)...it's a little more "polite" now...but still...I just love this thing either way. The vairwatt is great..but I keep it dimed because the volume is just perfect for me...I need to go hame and play now...

10. gtrgeek335

gtrgeek335 Member

HeyJade, If you're online, that means you're not working on my F3. Come on man ,chop-chop! j/k I am looking forward to your phone call when it's ready. Gordon

11. jerrylee

jerrylee Member

Hey Jade - To my ears the Tonespotter sounded a little "wooly"..(not "flabby"..just "wooly") in the bottom end. Not a bad sound at all, but the CR cleaned that up a bit. I use mainly tele's - so my rig is on the brighter side - and the darkenss of the CR makes everything work. With volume and variwatt wide open, tone at noon - I get EVERYTHING I need with just the controls on my guitar. The CR just holds together a little better when everything is maxed. The Tonespotter did that ragged live Rust-era Neil Young perfectly..I mean PERFECTLY - but I think the CR keeps the bottom tight. You built a real winner. I just need to min-wax the tweed so it looks wicked cool like rubbersoul's.

12. Cowboy

Cowboy Member

Man-O-Man, that looks as HOT as bacon FRYS! :bow

We're going to need a review!!!!!!

Cheers,
    A Twisterin' in the wind
    Cowboy

13. gtrgeek335

gtrgeek335 Member

Wow, that looks fantastic! As soon as I can, I will take if for long drive and get back to everybody with comprehesive review ! Gordon

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  14. gtrgeek335

gtrgeek335 Member

Hey , Jade.Yeah, you know the drill,long time lurker,first time poster ! Shameful ain't it ! Gordon

15. gtrgeek335

gtrgeek335 Member

Well, it's time to resurrect this thread . I've had my Twister F3 for a couple of weeks now, and IMHO, it's just about perfect for the blues/rock, power trio thing I do. Just as advertised, clean to mean with a twist of the volume knob on the guitar! Harmonically rich lead tones and chimey ( albeit with a little hair and at a lower volume) rhythm tones, I'm having a blast channeling early Rev Billy G.! Thanks Jade ! Gordon

16. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

I really liked the clip of the Dust Devil on the website. Is that the Holy Grail providing the reverb?