My First Country Tune!

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Wolf Static, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Wolf Static

Wolf Static Member

For this I used my Ernie Ball MusicMan Axis going into my Vox Tonelab SE - I can't wait to re-record it using my Thinline Tele going into my Top Hat Ambassador with the Keeley Blues Driver!

www.soundclick.com/wolfstatic

(The tune's called "Road To Nashville")

Peace
    Wolf

2. Druss

Druss Guest

Man thats awesome I'll have to check out some more of your stuff. Who needs lyrics getting in the way of the important stuff any way?

3. Wolf Static

Wolf Static Member

Thanks bro! I completely agree - guitars have their 'own' lyrics and most of the time make more sense! :)

4. Static111

Static111 Member

Dude! That is awesome...I am just sitting here going WTF is this...I'm speechless. That's some crazy playing.:AOK

5. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

nice picken yo!-ya use the amps-ya!
    -i see u use Bogner too-i use the Metro-
    u like?

JF

6. Wolf Static

Wolf Static Member

LOL - Thanks Static111! I'm thinking of doing more stuff like that in future! Much much appreciated!

John - Cheers for checking out the tune! Yeah, the Bogner Ecstasy is one hell of an amp - the only downside is that it picks up EVERYTHING... which really compels the player to be on top of his game! I've not tried out the Metropolis, but now that you mentioned it, I'll probably do that on Saturday. I've heard the Uberschall and Shiva in detail and they rank VERY highly in tone for me.

7. FuzzOff

FuzzOff Member

Wow I just found this clip while searching for tonelab. You can hardly tell it's a modeler...great tones on that and of course the playing is superb.

8. tele_jas

tele_jas Member

Man, that was a great tune!! You wouldn't happen to have the backing track to that you could send to me without the lead on it?? I've been needing to work on my fast country picking and I have a hard time finding these kind of beats.

Either way, sounds GREAT!!

9. Wolf Static

Wolf Static Member

Thanks tele! I'll see if I can dig up the backing track for you! I also suggest stopping off at the Guitar Center and see if they have any spare Guitarmageddon CDs left. There are a couple of rockin' country type tracks on it... so check it out!

10. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Great picken' Wolf!

Chuck

11. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Nice playing Wolf... the Music Man sounds pretty good for that style

12. Wolf Static

Wolf Static Member

Thanks guys! I'm in process of recording that tune properly (just tracked the drums yesterday - boy, am I deaf now!). When it comes to recording the guitars, I'll probably go with my thinline tele going into my Bogner XTC or my Top Hat Ambassador with a good drive pedal... will update when it's all done! The Axis did the trick though...!

13. Lucky Dog Guitars

Lucky Dog Guitars Member

That was great!.. I play country primarily so Ive heard all the great players around... your good man

14. gandolf203

gandolf203 Member

Great playing! I love the chimes. It's hard to hit those accurately all the time. Nice sweep picking in there too. Lots to digest. Very sweet!

15. Weldaar

Weldaar Member

16. Wolf Static

Wolf Static Member

Thanks guys - For me, there's just something about old-school country guitar that just wails! I'm currently working on learning hybrid-Travis picking... the stuff's hard, but again sounds pretty darn cool when it's pulled off! Will post a new tune in that style soon!

17. guitbeef

guitbeef Member

That's where my roots are at- Tele player, chicken picker, and also my first hero was Chet, so it warms my heart to see someone support the cause and kick ass at it, AND write a cool tune to boot- it's pretty hard to make a pickin' instrumental sound modern (and not sound like a square dance or polka), harder than some might imagine, anyway, and you succeeded on all levels!

18. Wolf Static

Wolf Static Member

Wow - I don't know what to say guitbeef - particularly from a genuine Nashville guy! Oh yes - Chet Atkins and Merle Travis are true GODS of the instrument and I'm glad to see that they're not forgotten! I'll continue to pay them their due homage as long as I keep playing!

19. jakob

jakob Member

That's some nice playing, keep up the good work
    and record another country one :)

20. jakob

jakob Member

I just listened to Sam's Town.....:dude

Good chops man...