1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

My first dirt pedal is the best.... MI BP

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sahertian, May 17, 2011.

1. sahertian

sahertian Member

Have many pedals, still love one of my first pedals. MI Audio Blues PRO.
    Changed many times, stack many times with different layouts..

I have the Timmy, OCD4, Crunchbox, DLS, BM, TC Nova System, BOSS od + OD in my Koch amp..

Nothing beats that pedal. Fat and creamy all the way,

2. SixDemonBag

SixDemonBag Member

I've been through barbers (ltd and DD), DLS, mjm blues devils, and a heap of tubescreamers till finally I ended up at the blues pro. Someone's going to have to pry it from my dead hands when I die. Love it.

3. cubistguitar

cubistguitar Member

Aint it sweet.

most screamers just suck by comparison

4. LuckyBlackCat

LuckyBlackCat Member

Please tell me more about the Blues Pro. Bonus points for anyone who can compare it first hand to the Fulltone Fulldrive 2. I just posted a thread about needing a smaller version of my FD2 and this is one I'm interested in. The PGS demo sounds really good.

5. muffinman

muffinman Member

It may not do the trick for some people, it does have its own unique throaty voice and isn't what I would consider a stock-ish screamer, but count me in the camp of long-time fans of this pedal. It is full of rock, and EXCELS as a boost.

6. Muzzy

Muzzy Supporting Member

Had mine for years. Love it.

7. BradB41

BradB41 Member

I have one. It used to be my main OD/almost fuzz pedal. I think it kind of started my descent into botique pedal addiction. I kind of got away from the BP....I should bust it out and give it another go.

8. Timbeaux

Timbeaux Member

Over the years, I've went through soooo many boutique overdrive pedals and the last one standing is the Blues Pro. It doesn't have a lot of tonal options compared to some other OD's, but it just sounds "right" to my ears. It's like having a great tube screamer on steroids. It can do the SRV thing, but crank up the gain, and you're into classic rock territory. It stacks great, it fairly un-compressed sounding, and FEELS great when you play it. Very touch sensitive and it gives what it gets. A very simple, but SOLID pedal. I LOVE IT!!

9. cubistguitar

cubistguitar Member

^ Like above, it just feels right. It aint magic or something you never heard before, it just sounds right, like rock guitar should.

I used to only use the clean tones from it, but have warmed up to the dirtier settings now.

10. eric10

eric10 Member

My first is MI Audio Blue boy deluxe, good as well

11. Electric I

Electric I Member

Know what you mean - nothing has bested the small fry & direct drive for me. I find barber dirt to be the 'cleanest' around - in that you can play poly/exteded chords & still retain clarity with no fizz.

How does the blues pro compare to the above descriptors?

12. tomdiedom

tomdiedom Member

The bp is my first pedal and will probably leave the last. Pretty veratile (boost and different flavours od/fuzz) and reasonable touch sensitive (not very, there are enough pedals that do this trick better). Great value for money.

13. SixDemonBag

SixDemonBag Member

If you like the Barbers, you will love the Blues Pro. Quite similar in gain to the Direct Drive, but just fatter.

I had the barber LTD SR too, another great pedal, but I just wanted a bit more gain available to me when I wanted it. Definitely more of a mid hump than the SR though.

14. afterburner

afterburner Supporting Member

Love my Blues Pro!

I'm still using it after 5 or so years. Great throaty overdrive with a very usable gain range. Fuzz mode is a nice bonus too! Added bottom end makes it sound nice and fat!

Runs on 9 to 25V and true bypass. I just love all the options.