My first foray into the seedy underbelly of radical concept acoustic guitar design..

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by John Backlund, Feb 20, 2009.

1. John Backlund

John Backlund Member

and she's a doozy for a starter...almost certain to offend traditionalists, and stymy the practical-minded, but I needed a new design 'tangent' to head off on, and the acoustic guitar segment seemed ripe for the plucking (Genius class pun there, I must say).

This one is an example of a general style of mine that I've dubbed 'Acoustic/eccentric', and by God! I've managed to get a little 'Buck Rogers'
    in there too (as always). It may not be the best 'sitting' guitar out there either, but I'm aware of that.

It's just a picture, and that's all it will ever be as far as I know...so without further adieu...fire away, lads!

[​IMG]

2. AustinIsPresent

AustinIsPresent Member

I'd definitely buy that if it sounded as good as it looks. It looks so cool!

3. GAD

GAD Wubbalubbadubdub

Problem is I think acoustics are far more driven by physics than looks. I'd have to hear it. Looks cool (I love all your stuff), but I have to wonder how it would sound.

GAD

4. John Backlund

John Backlund Member

That should be a given, and the sound of an acoustic is, and must be, the first thing that makes or breaks that type of guitar for me too, no matter what it looks like, as does it's general playability.

Of course, the hope would be that with quality materials and construction, it would sound as good as it looks, but that will remain an unknown as there are no plans to construct this instrument, so it's all just a little 'eyeball experiment' at this juncture.

I will personally take a chance and buy solidbody, semi-hollow and full hollow electrics off of ebay, as long as they're not particularily expensive guitars....but I'll never, ever buy an acoustic without playing it first, and that policy goes for double for an acoustic 12 string.

5. DC1

DC1 Member

Well I love it.

It came out of the sky landed just about a mile from Moline...
    Jody fell out of his tractor couldn't believe what he'd seen.

first song I would play

dc

6. wittyair

wittyair Member

Nice, John.......love it!!!