my first Fuchs ODS 100 clip--wave type jazz

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by mentoneman, Aug 22, 2006.

1. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

fuchs ODS 100 tone

pretty cool for a one take jam along to a sweet Kim Waters tune (except i recorded my gtr track in 48k and had to resync it to the CD track several times during the song)

am. 95 fender strat w/ stock middle pu/duncan evh bridge

i kick on a dynacomp towards the middle of the track for extra touch and sustain

into amp

tc gforce in the loop of the amp, in series, for delay and verb

amp 8 ohm out into a 16 ohm bogner 4x12...micing the gh30 reissue with two mics...58 towards center of speaker panned 10% left, beyer dynamic vocal mic toward edge of cone panned 20% right

into roland vs880...touch of verb added in the unit

spdif out of 880 to toslink converter to mac G5 garage band where i combined the Kim Waters CD track with my gtr tracks, to itunes

i really like the blend of the sax with the fuchs tone

2. Mojo Tele

Mojo Tele Member

Nice, great tone, great touch. Thanks for the clip.

3. rabbit

rabbit Member

Nice clip!

Do I understand your explanations right that you add reverb two times during the signal path, first with the gforce and then with roland? If so, does it sound different from adding more reverb but just one time?

4. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

thanks man!

i tried using the amp live for the first time this weekend and i sorta went down in flames trying to get the clean and dirty channel balanced---dirty was too clean...clean was too loud...yet when i play with it at home like on this clip, it sounds really nice.

5. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

yeah the gforce is adding it for my live sound to be where i want it, but it's still just a mono source being double miced, so the roland is to stereo-ize and a little more dimension.

6. lgehrig4

lgehrig4 Silver Supporting Member

Nice playing and tone! I hope this doesn't make you sell the Peacemaker I enjoy your clips of this

7. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

and because i don't want to start another thread here's a wmv video clip of a new tone i've discovered on my Peacemaker, by using the gforce's drive functions, which i use in front of the amp (no loop) and hitting it with my barber direct drive:

lukather?

8. Galo

Galo Supporting Member

very very nice man!!

9. lgehrig4

I like that :AOK I just received my PM the other day and so far my favorite setting is treble volume 3:00, bass volume off and the rest all the way up and my strat plugged into the high input.

Keep posting those videos as you make them!

10. Sub-D

Sub-D Guest

Nice listen, Cool tone & playing......

11. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

the deal is my best friend gave me this amp as a gift, so to reciprocate i'm sending him the peacemaker.

i'm still getting used to the fuchs. the mojaves are very familiar to me now, and they are so simple to dial in being single channel amps with super intuitive tone controls

another friend was going to borrow my coyote to play at church and had it all set up with his pedals, using a fralin strat, and it sounded great with no tweaking. but he forgot he had asked another friend to bring his aiken tomcat for him to use, at great hassle to the tomcat owner, so we swapped it out, and it took much more dialing, and in the end we all agreed the coyote just sounded sweeter in this particular setting.

the change in loop levels between channels on the fuchs has me mystified.
    and the thing that mojaves excel in, clear present yet rich dirty rhythm tones, aren't found in the fuchs. but the fuchs has access to a sweet clean channel and a fat sax like lead channel, which in the long run should really pay off

but i'm keeping my coyote:D

12. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

here's my friend rob using a 57 reissue strat i sold him, loaded with lindy fralin vintage hots and a callaham bridge, into his pedalboard (mesa vtwin/line 6 delay) into my peacemaker/bogner cab:

Peacemaker with fralin strat video

and this one i posted a while back you may have seen---i liked the tone and solo on this one---my normal lead sound with the PM:

plexi power

13. lgehrig4

Nice stuff! You're really getting rid of the PM? My friends don't give me ****!