1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

My first Homemade recording

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Alejandro, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Alejandro

Alejandro Supporting Member

Basic Yamaha QY20 sequencer doing cheesy things, but I deal my sounds pretty good. First I recorded clean, and the I added some leads. What do you think folks?

Fender 50th Anniversary with SCN pickups
    Marshall JCM 900 High Gain Dual Reverb
    RAT
    Boss DM-3 analog delay

http://www.hispasonic.com/mp3-genero87-tema1665.html

2. SteveVHT

SteveVHT Member

Great playing man....
    I even like the sound...I'd just dial out a touch of the high end or move the mic a bit...
    Great stuff...
    Steve

3. mitch

mitch Guest

I like the sound as well, crisp, but I dig a little extra high end on my music. Who did the backing tracks???

4. Alejandro

Alejandro Supporting Member

Thank you folks for your suggestions!.

I did the backing tracks mitch, with the Yamaha QY20...hours and hours with this old toy. No pretension at all, chessy but something to jam with.
    I need to learn how to use new software and do my life less complicated with backing tracks :(

5. SteveVHT

SteveVHT Member

Just get a bunch of different Loop cd's.... make your own backings with pro quality...:D

6. mitch

mitch Guest

I have a ZOOM 12 track that has a built in Drum Machine, and Bass. I don't use the Bass, but the drums are cool. I play a nice 4 or 5 minute song with some changes in her, and LET HER RIP... it has helped my SSOOO much with my lead playing!!!

7. michael patrick

michael patrick Supporting Member

Sounds cool! Way better than my first attempts at recording...:D