• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

My first (Myspace) clips - with a Jazzmaster I bought on TGP

spencerbk

Hi all -

I spend most of my TGP time getting schooled and occasionally chiming in over at the Playing and Technique forum. My first time stepping up here ...

Two songs from my debut record, just off the press:

"Guiding Light" is my favorite. I used a Custom Shop JM I bought from teddys at the Emporium that I've come to love. Can you ID the Gatton tune I subconsciously ripped off for the bars that go into 5/4?

"Clinton Hill" is everyone else's favorite. Acoustic guitar (Taylor 710), tabla, and bass.

http://www.myspace.com/spencerkatzmanthreeo

Happy New Year!

-spencer

ultrevex

Man, that's outstanding. Your playing and arrangement styles really mesh with a lot of my likes... twang noir, cool jazz, indie rock like Television, eastern stuff, etc. I'd like to get your album.

spencerbk

Too kind ultravex - you picked up on so many of my influences, and maybe uncovered a few I didn't know I was going for (twang noir!). Television is a huge favorite - I do two "indie rock" covers from the 90s as instrumentals on the record since that is a huge part of where I come from.

And you inspired me to shamelessly add a plug for my CD to my sig ...

Check out these wonderful lessons from Television alum Richard Lloyd:

http://www.richardlloyd.com/lessons/index.htm

Thanks so much.

ultrevex

Too kind ultravex - you picked up on so many of my influences, and maybe uncovered a few I didn't know I was going for (twang noir!). Television is a huge favorite - I do two "indie rock" covers from the 90s as instrumentals on the record since that is a huge part of where I come from.
And you inspired me to shamelessly add a plug for my CD to my sig ...
Check out these wonderful lessons from Television alum Richard Lloyd:
http://www.richardlloyd.com/lessons/index.htm
Thanks so much.
Spencer, I've seen Richard's site and lessons but never really dug through them, thanks for bringing it to my attention again.

I was fortunate enough to tour with Richard , around 1992, when he was playing with Matthew Sweet. What a player and what a guy... I've never met anyone like him. I got to watch him every night for 13 weeks and hear some sick stories. One of the best times of my life.

Funny how energies flow.... I've been thinking about Richard a great deal lately, listened to Marquee Moon while driving today and then wind up running across your great music and having this conversation.

take care
Kevin

Antero

Awesome! Love the feel of it.

And holy crap, you did a reinterpretation of "King of Carrot Flowers pt 1." All love.

spencerbk

And holy crap, you did a reinterpretation of "King of Carrot Flowers pt 1." All love.
In 5/4, no less! It played itself, I tell you. There's a sample if you follow the link in my sig.

Pleased to meet a fellow NMH fan. I guess I'm marketing to a pretty narrow demographic with that one, but those who get it get it. I figure this record is a love letter to my years in college radio, and that song is so iconic for that era.

Thanks Woody and Antero!

Trending Topics