• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

My first really good pedal: Wampler Ace Thirty!

BrianWampler

Thanks for jumping in, Brian!

Would using the Rock Bug at the end of my chain work for that?

Also, I know what you mean, but for the all the noobs who have no idea, could you explain what you mean by "impulse response based." They would appreciate it. :D
I haven't used the rock bug, but I'm not a fan of analog cabinet emulation except in a pinch.
Impulse response is a way of doing it so it's more accurate sounding.

expensive pretty pedals are great. youll get so excited it becomes the best thing youve ever heard. time passes and you start listening with your ears again and lose interest.
You pretty much just summed up TGP.

Well done.
I always say it.......people here listen with their eyes and not their ears.

Beakertwang

I haven't used the rock bug, but I'm not a fan of analog cabinet emulation except in a pinch.
Impulse response is a way of doing it so it's more accurate sounding.
I imagine Two Notes does this. Any other speaker emulators that do use impulse response, but come with a smaller price tag for the budget-conscious?

neilslade

I have a Joyo AC Tone- it's NOT AT ALL noisy, at a unity gain setting (same volume on or off) it adds absolutely no noise. Obviously, if you crank the gain, you'll get more than with less gain, but that's true of everything. It has huge variety in its settings. I can't believe any other pedal comes anywhere close at this price, or even more expensive pedals like the Ace Thirty/Thirty Something. Works perfectly right into a Fender (Champ or Bassman 50) or Laney Cub 15 amp, and supplies a VERY convincing VOX vibe of various types. 3 band EQ with wide sweeps, Voicing knob has drastic effect- plus Level (volume) and Gain- good lord, quite incredible- AND works with a battery. Genius.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom