My first soundclip post...go easy on me fellas!

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by BluePowder, Feb 13, 2006.

1. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

Hello all...

I've been lurking on this forum for a really long time checking out all the wonderful clips you guys make. I'm finally ready to contribute! :)

I wrote this for my girlfriend for valentines...

Just a 2 chord vamp with me soloing over.

The audio quality ain't all that great, I used a computer mic with audacity software. An ibanez jem77fp, voodoo labs chorus, tonebone classic, through a fender bronco 15 watt SS amp.

Here's the link...
    http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0STEHZ5UPUEA130AF0BGE43YXS

Let me know what you think.

Thanks guys :)

2. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

welcome to the members clips section dude, you can really hear thats a solid state amp , i think if the music had been recorded from the neck pickup it woulda been more mellow and perhaps suited the backing better.Liked your vibrato and you didnt overplay which is good for the listener.

keep em coming and I look forward to hearing you again, food for thought is, why not buy a Line6 POD2.0 modeller, you will get 100% better tones than using pc mic and solid state amp plus they are dirt cheap.

good work:BEER

jimmy

3. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

Thanks Jimmy, you're too kind!

I checked out your clip Sweet Sound, those sweeps and your use of arpeggios are just awesome :)

4. gassyndrome

gassyndrome Member

Great playing man! I might try and hook up a proper backing for that. If you send me a 'clean' wav. of your guitar I'll put it through Guitar Rig - could sound cool :)