My first Suhr

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by Sean French, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Sean French

Sean French Supporting Member

Just received my first Suhr.An '04 Classic.Wow!What a wonderful guitar it is.Being a Les Paul and Tele player it has been a while since I had a Strat.I'm diggin' this classic a bunch.The '60 medium C carve with a Brazilian board is perfect feeling.I've been having fun with it all day.My ears are ringing so if I'm talking loud I am sorry.lol
    Here are a couple of quick pics.I've been more into playing today than photo taking so the pics are not the best.I'm very pleased.Next on my need list is a Suhr Tele.:BEER
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pjrhd28

pjrhd28 Silver Supporting Member

Congrats.

I still love my Suhr Classic although its been 6 months or so. Redefines what a Strat should be. Mine's also white but it has a tortosieshell pickguard.

Great fingerboard, BTW.

I bet it's close to heaven with your amp rig.

3. hottub

hottub Member

great rig(s) there Sean! That guitar is a beauty!:AOK

4. Den

Den Member

Congrats ... welcome to the Suhr gang.

5. John LeQuire

John LeQuire Member

6. MikeP

MikeP Member

ooh nice couple you have there ;)
    Congrats on the new Suhr!!

7. ChazMania

ChazMania Silver Supporting Member

Welcome to the addiction of Suhrs:drool

I love my Standard more each time I play it. I'm waiting for my Pro series in 3tone burst as well to keep her company. :BEER

8. cg

cg Silver Supporting Member

Love that color!

9. Sean French

Thanks guys.
    I'm really impressed with this Suhr.This one has a wonderful woody tone that is also airy with plenty of resonance.Even though it is finished in polly it is not too focused sounding.Very cool.I'm going to block off the trem.I'll never use it.After playing this baby for a couple of days now it has added fuel to the fire for me to order a Suhr Tele.

10. countandduke

countandduke Member

Yep, love my Suhr!!! Best strat style guitar I have ever played!!! Incredible resonance and sustain!!

Chris

11. hottub

hottub Member

dude, what happened?! isn't this in the emporium now?

12. Sean French

I was going to wait to order my Suhr Tele but,playing this Strat just fuel the fire.Amazing guitars.
    So,I put the deposit down today for my specced Suhr Classic Tele.Now the Strat must be sold to help pay for the Tele.I really wish I could have both but,I just can't afford to.My Tele is going to have V60LP neck and middle pickups to get me some Strat style tones and a Classic T bridge pickup.I'm even going as far as having a seperate pickguard sent with the Classic T neck pickup and no middle route.That way I can have the best of both worlds.It will be kinda like having two different Tele's.I'm crazy like that.

13. Reeek

Reeek Member

It's all a matter of taste but I own both and the Classic T is the best guitar overall, that I have ever owned. Mine's spec'ed mostly vintage style except for the SS frets and neck carve/radius. I have the fat C and 10-14. I have to force myself to play the other guitars now.

14. MikeP

MikeP Member

Lots of folks say that & I tend to agree. The Blond Swamp Ash T I had was incredible.....Still wonder why I sold it:NUTS

I just saw one on Ebay tonight.
    I dont know the seller but it is a great BIN price..$1450 & only 6.6 pounds.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140091255631&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

15. Sean French

Yeah.My tastes and comfort are a Tele and Les Paul.I love the sound of a Strat too.Just not the feel.So,I'm confident a Classic style Tele with the different pickup options will do it for me.With a Strat I tend to favor the 4 and 5 positions.I'm sure I'll experiment with the Tele neck pickup,Strat middle and Tele bridge as well.The middle position on a Tele is magical.
    Lord knows I can't afford all the different guitars that I like so,this Tele I'm having made will be like having a Tele with Strat sounds available as an option.Just trying to get the best of both worlds feel and sound wise.I'm very excited and brewing with anticipation.

16. Reeek

Reeek Member

Personally, I think the T style is more verstile that the S style. I use the neck pickup a lot. It's super fat and the notch sounds like the notch, to me. I have a one piece swamp ash body with a one piece maple neck. I chose no body carve and 1/8" radius edges for that typical "plank" look and tone but I did get the hand carve for a slightly better upper register access. I recommend the hand carve even if you go "plank".

The pickups seem a good amount hotter than my V60LPs. I spec'ed with standard Suhr T style pickups I couldn't be happier with any guitar. The thing almost plays itself and the big neck makes me better. And to top it all off, the guitar came in at 6.49 pounds. It's way lighter than my Classic which is a one piece swamp ash/maple neck guitar too.