My First Suhr!

XKnight

I have a Classic T on the way. Very excited about this one. Other than the comfortable contour body, it's all traditional Tele (minus the headstock) .

clarkram

congrats on the Suhr, I've got one similar to yours, the contour is comfy, I have the 56 Big V neck on mine.

They are great players. enjoy.

JiMB

Nice lookin' guitar.

I played one for the first time at NAMM and was really impressed!

Jim

stratman89

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Classic T on the way. Very excited about this one. Other than the comfortable contour body, it's all traditional Tele (minus the headstock) .

Congratulations on your new Classic T XKnight!
Suhr makes killer Classic T's, love mine.

Phil M

Silver Supporting Member
... it's all traditional Tele (minus the headstock) .
And the body contours on the back (belly) and front (forearm). Do Suhr tele-style guitars always have these contours or is this actually the TS model?

javahut

And the body contours on the back (belly) and front (forearm). Do Suhr tele-style guitars always have these contours or is this actually the TS model?
Is not the TS model. TS has Strat like controls. Classic T you can get with any of the contours or without... however you like it. I personally prefer no front arm contour. Don't mind and kinda like the tummy cut contour. Not sure I would like one without the hand/heel contour.

XKnight

Classic T you can get with any of the contours or without... however you like it. I personally prefer no front arm contour. Don't mind and kinda like the tummy cut contour. Not sure I would like one without the hand/heel contour.
Exactly! It's all personal preference. I think the body contours make the guitar more comfortable to play and I like the sleeker look too.

Phil M

Silver Supporting Member
I like those contours, I was just pointing out that it wasn't all classic tele. There's a little more going on there.

I am actually waiting on a Standard that should be ready in 3-4 weeks. If it works out, I am considering a bound T. Can they do the plastic binding with those contours? It seems I've seen standards with the white binding (not the scraped) and I know those have contours.

XKnight

I like those contours, I was just pointing out that it wasn't all classic tele. There's a little more going on there.

I am actually waiting on a Standard that should be ready in 3-4 weeks. If it works out, I am considering a bound T. Can they do the plastic binding with those contours? It seems I've seen standards with the white binding (not the scraped) and I know those have contours.
Your best bet is to call Suhr and find out. I didn't see anything in their price list for binding with contour bodies, but I'm sure anything is possible for a price.

Trending Topics