My first Suhr

sinasl1

Silver Supporting Member
Wow is all I can say, this guitar is really amazing. I bought Matt McCluskey's Suhr Classic that was advertised in the forum, sight unseen, and man it is a hell of a guitar. First off, it's like I never have to tune it! I've been jamming on this thing for the last couple hours, using the bar, bending, still perfectly in tune...I've been using Gibsons mainly for a number of years now, so this is a strange and welcome phenomenon to me.

it is such a great instrument- so resonant, so precision, and plugged in it is one of the best sounding strats I've ever played... probably the best I've owned, and I'm pretty sure the tones are up there with my buddy's killer 63 strat, a guitar I consider "benchmark"... I'll have to a/b em for sure.

I love high quality stuff, and this qualifies as super high quality stuff... so glad I started hanging around here and found this guitar!

mude

Silver Supporting Member
Welcome to the club. Biased for sure, but I love 'em. Don't expect to tire of it anytime soon. Enjoy.

Evan.

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
I have my first one on order right now. October delivery.

I think it will be different from anything they've done. It will hopefully be the ultimate Super Strat workhorse.

trouw2112

Silver Supporting Member
I got a standard about 6 months ago and it still amazes me sometimes when I play. I will be noodling around and just stop and look at the guitar and think 'this guitar freaking smokes':D

vai777

I have ordered 2 Suhr for delivery in late oct. Up until now ive been an Anderson guy. In fact I own 5 Andy Drop Tops and wanted something a little different.

So I went with 2 classics SSH configuration 1 Burgundy Mist 1 Sherwood Green. Matching headstocks. Maple Rosewood 20" RADIUS ( SHRED ANYONE).
HARTAIL BRIDGE, swamp ash body.

should be pretty cool. Im used to ANDERSONS so Ive been a bit spoiled but Im shure the Suhr will be right up there in build quality.

p.s. This is why im driving around in a 1993 chevy caprice with 154,000 miles.

sinasl1

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by trouw2112
I got a standard about 6 months ago and it still amazes me sometimes when I play. I will be noodling around and just stop and look at the guitar and think 'this guitar freaking smokes':D
Ya, that's where I'm at.. every time I play it, I'm taken aback by how pretty much perfect it is.... pretty mondblowing quality.

elambo

Originally posted by vai777
Im used to ANDERSONS so Ive been a bit spoiled but Im shure the Suhr will be right up there in build quality.
I'd say it will at *least* be right up there - probably surpassing the Anderson. Both are excellent guitars, but every Suhr I've played has outperformed every Anderson I've played.

oscar100

i used to be an anderson guy - but there was always something missing - great gtrs bur for me didnt have that magic mojo

well suhrs do - they feel really played in have warm but clear articlute tones and i now have 5

classic, koa standard, alder tele, 2002 ltd ed burl maple T with anderson mini hums

smokin

:cool:

GaryMcT

Platinum Supporting Member
Originally posted by vai777
I have ordered 2 Suhr for delivery in late oct. Up until now ive been an Anderson guy. In fact I own 5 Andy Drop Tops and wanted something a little different.

So I went with 2 classics SSH configuration 1 Burgundy Mist 1 Sherwood Green. Matching headstocks. Maple Rosewood 20" RADIUS ( SHRED ANYONE).
HARTAIL BRIDGE, swamp ash body.

should be pretty cool. Im used to ANDERSONS so Ive been a bit spoiled but Im shure the Suhr will be right up there in build quality.

p.s. This is why im driving around in a 1993 chevy caprice with 154,000 miles.
I'm curious to hear how this goes for you. I have an Anderson Atom now and a Drop Top showing up in November. The Suhr noiseless stuff is making me think that my next one should be a classic. Let me know how yours turns out.

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
I picked up another Suhr yesterday at Makenmusic in Chicago.
It's a Mary Kaye finish Suhr Tele...very sweet! Ash body, and maple neck. The first for this kind of Tele for me.
I decided after trying out the Suhr (and 2 others), a Fender 60 Tele Custom RI, and a Fender Masterbuilt Nocaster Thinline. The Nocaster Thinline was way cool, but the neck was a bit big (and a bit sticky)...and a bit pricey.
So, 2 Suhr's (and counting) here...
S.
j

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by TNJ
I picked up another Suhr yesterday at Makenmusic in Chicago.
It's a Mary Kaye finish Suhr Tele...very sweet! Ash body, and maple neck. The first for this kind of Tele for me.
Very nice. John gets those Tele's sounding fat & woody. I especially love his wiring job and neck pickup.

MikeP

I have one like you describe.
Excellent neck!
It has the 6105 SS frets.
Sounds great !

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
Yeah,
If you one of you guys wants to post pix of the one I picked up, it's at the Makenmusic website (http://www.makenmusic.com).
It's the Suhr Tele Classic #4379 with the Trans Straw(whitish-Mary Kaye like) finish. And it does have the 6105 SS frets!
Thanks!
S.
j

MikeP

Originally posted by TNJ
Yeah,
If you one of you guys wants to post pix of the one I picked up, it's at the Makenmusic website (http://www.makenmusic.com).
It's the Suhr Tele Classic #4379 with the Trans Straw(whitish-Mary Kaye like) finish. And it does have the 6105 SS frets!
Thanks!
S.
j
Actually it is posted since MnM has it posted.
All you need to do is right click their pic & copy img location.
Like this.................

Trending Topics