My first truly vintage guitar is inbound

56Tweed

Ge Fuzz-o-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Can't wait to hear the in-hand review! Hope it screams, and plays like a dream.

asintoras

I've got a 68 and it's my favourite among the solid body guitars in my arsenal, which includes a US 62'RI strat, a 73' Les Paul (a very nice one with Tim Shaw pickups!) and a 87' Kramer Baretta.
I've put ad nauseam a video of how I use the Vibrola (only attaching the B, G and low E strings, while the rest goes attached to the wraparound), but will suggest you to try it.

Have fun!

crashbelt

Silver Supporting Member
Great choice for your first vintage guitar.

My 62 is firmly my no.1 gigging guitar, after years going round the houses with other Gibsons and Fenders.

It was good enough for Pete Townshend during the Who's golden period (imho) in the late 60s and early 70s, so it should give you years of great playing.

55 Jr

I've got a 68 and it's my favourite among the solid body guitars in my arsenal, which includes a US 62'RI strat, a 73' Les Paul (a very nice one with Tim Shaw pickups!) and a 87' Kramer Baretta.
I've put ad nauseam a video of how I use the Vibrola (only attaching the B, G and low E strings, while the rest goes attached to the wraparound), but will suggest you to try it.

Have fun!
Was that you?
Great idea on the wraparound vibrato!
I'm using that on my 64 SG Jr.
Thanks for posting!
B

asintoras

Was that you?
Great idea on the wraparound vibrato!
I'm using that on my 64 SG Jr.
Thanks for posting!
B
I am afraid so... Hope you are having fun with the setup and that it does not go out of tune? Make sure to add some lube on the nut ;)

bbsomm

Silver Supporting Member
Got it. Love it, unfortunately circumstances dictate I have to move it along. It’s up in the emporium if anyone is interested

p6x

Congrats! I am truly happy for you. I guess I can feel the excitement....

I am still looking for mine...:(

Daniel Travis

That inverness green sg special on reverb has been calling my name, but i just dont have quite enough $ right now. =(

Plus it looks like its sold.

Aloha Mark

Got it. Love it, unfortunately circumstances dictate I have to move it along. It’s up in the emporium if anyone is interested
Very sorry to hear that. Did the wife/gf complain about the expense? Mine can get hysterical at times.

bbsomm

Silver Supporting Member
Very sorry to hear that. Did the wife/gf complain about the expense? Mine can get hysterical at times.
Nah, my wife is awesome about stuff like that, I just splurged on it, and now need to put the money into a larger downpayment on a house than I thought I was gonna need.

Neck too small?
No, the neck is perfect for me actually. but alas, it's listed in the emporium.

Chuck Snider

Silver Supporting Member
That's the very first "real" guitar I ever had (one exactly like it anyway).... Bought it for $125 out of the local paper classifieds in 76... Had that and a muff pedal.. used other peoples amps. didn't have my own yet LOL

Trending Topics