My first try with Atomic Amplifire! Flubs included!

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
Ok fellas..here is my first try..yes, I am terrible and hopefully it will not make your ears bleed!

I based the patch off the Hot Brit stock patch (#7) and went from there..it is just me and my PRS SE goldtop with the EMG ZW setup in it running @ 18Volts.

Another first was me using my little 2i2 into Studio One 2..I have never even messed with this DAW before, and in my newbness, I cannot make it output the track longer than minutes without it splitting it up and so this has a very abrupt ending at 5:00 minutes, but as bad as my playing is, it is probably a very good thing!:D;)

Hopefully I don't suck so bad that Tom doesn't ask me to delete the file!! LOL!!:hide2

So go ahead..tell me how bad I am at mixing, recording, and playing..but this tone from the AmpliFire is freaking DAMN good IMO and is just as awesome as any patch I was able to make when I had my Axe FX II and friggin LIGHT YEARS ahead of what I can do with my G3..

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/birdie_in_texas/atomic-amplifire-first-try[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Ha..!! I figured out how to get the entire 8 minutes+ uploaded this time!!!

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/birdie_in_texas/atomic-amplifire-remix-1[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Last edited:

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
well, thank you! I wish I was better at this computer recording stuff, and I sure wish I had a better set of fingers! hahahah :)

Tybalt

Ok fellas..here is my first try..yes, I am terrible and hopefully it will not make your ears bleed!
I based the patch off the Hot Brit stock patch (#7) and went from there..it is just me and my PRS SE goldtop with the EMG ZW setup in it running @ 18Volts.
Another first was me using my little 2i2 into Studio One 2..I have never even messed with this DAW before, and in my newbness, I cannot make it output the track longer than minutes without it splitting it up and so this has a very abrupt ending at 5:00 minutes, but as bad as my playing is, it is probably a very good thing!:D;)
Hopefully I don't suck so bad that Tom doesn't ask me to delete the file!! LOL!!:hide2
So go ahead..tell me how bad I am at mixing, recording, and playing..but this tone from the AmpliFire is freaking DAMN good IMO and is just as awesome as any patch I was able to make when I had my Axe FX II and friggin LIGHT YEARS ahead of what I can do with my G3..

I think the playing is a lot better than you give it credit for. However, I wish the guitar was more forward in the mix.

jerryratpack

Beano can’t cure this sort of GAS
Double Platinum Member
Nice ! Sounded good ! You had some nice lighting licks there too !

Almost forgot, your spoken intro was a pisser... :D

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
thank you fellas!
As far as the mix..well, I am not really sure how to fix that at all, as I am about a total invalid with DAW stuff..

On the next one, I am going to do it different. This time I just let the youtube vid play, and somehow, I ended up playing over it "live" so to speak, but it all went on 1 track, and of course, I have no idea what to do with it from there! hahaha

I need a "for dummies" book for sure!

lspaulsp

Platinum Supporting Member
Bird, you can come to Galveston and play in my band anytime. Of course, we suck but we're better than nuthin!

Scott Peterson

Co-Founder of TGP and Administrator
Staff member
It's a good test to listen and see how it sits in the mix. Sounds great to me.

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
Bird, you can come to Galveston and play in my band anytime. Of course, we suck but we're better than nuthin!

Thanks brother! :)

It's a good test to listen and see how it sits in the mix. Sounds great to me.

Thank you sir..

There are so many things that make a difference. For example, my mixer that everything plays thru, it has EQ on each channel, so just what I am sending to my rockit 5's is "colored" and of course I have no idea how things should be set..I only have my ears and what I "think" sounds good to me..hahahah

Thanks for the positive thoughts fellas! :);)

As I get more time with the unit and get patches dialed in, hopefully I will also get more familiar with the recording aspect and use of components like plug-ins and stuff..:bonk

It's just learnin'..! :crazyguy

Electric I

I think the playing is a lot better than you give it credit for. However, I wish the guitar was more forward in the mix.

This.

Recording/mixing is just like any other skill - the more you do it the better you'll get. Even if it's incremental. Keep at it.

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
Thank you!

I just spent a few minutes playing with Reaper, and at least I got the entire song uploaded/rendered/whatever the hell it is called and now all 8+ minutes are there to make your ears bleed!!

Hopefully in the next few weeks I will have more time to play with this DAW stuff! hahahaha

I am such a newb.. :)

Mangy71

Silver Supporting Member
I wish guys would just post clips without all of the "I suck so bad, please don't hate me" crap. It's about as annoyng as the size 2 girls that always complain about being fat.

You were playing some pretty fast runs that I could never play, and I have been at it for over 25 years. If you suck, then I should definitely find a new hobby.

:bonk

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
I wish guys would just post clips without all of the "I suck so bad, please don't hate me" crap. It's about as annoyng as the size 2 girls that always complain about being fat.

You were playing some pretty fast runs that I could never play, and I have been at it for over 25 years. If you suck, then I should definitely find a new hobby.

:bonk

dang man..it ain't about being able to play some fast runs! I suck on so many levels it is just sad! I can't read music..! Not even TAB..I can barely read regular words, and that took way longer to learn than the teachers were willing to spend on my dumb ass! So I can only play what I hear..so trying to learn songs is no good, because I play what I think it sounds like, not what it actually is..

"Fast" is all I got..and I do not know notes or nuthin'..I just go..which a lot of guys say "oh wow! you can play so fast!" but I would give anything to be able to know what I am actually playing..

And I started playing as therapy because I cut off my ring finger on my left hand. The doctors that put it back on recommended it to help me regain some range of motion and to help promote blood flow and help me get to keep the thing after all their hard work to pin it back on!

Unlike most of you that chose to learn to play, I had no real choice as I really wanted to keep my finger! It is a bummer that my learning disability (as the teachers call it) have made it so difficult that after 30 years, I still barely know what a "C" chord.

So to me, even though I can play "fast", I would rather be a "real" guitar player and "know" what I am doing. The guys that are nice enough to let me come and jam with them go kind of crazy, because they will want to play a song, and play it in a "key" and I of course have no idea so I just ask them to play it a little, and usually I can "get" there, but it isn't "right" so as you can imagine, it would be pretty demanding on people in a band always having to "show" me basically "everything"..so I don't really get many invitations to play. No biggie, I have, thru all these years, really enjoyed the constant attempts at being a player and it has allowed me to keep my finger!!! IT would be really awesome if someone did want me to play in a band, but I enjoy finding the backing video things to play along with on youtube and that is fine with me :)

clintmartin

Sounds great to me! I'll tell you...with each day I'm getting more excited about my Amplifire. It's a very powerful tool.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom