My Friend of Misery cover

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by adamquek, Aug 23, 2006.

1. adamquek

adamquek Member

Ahoy mateys,

I'm about half way through finishing the tracks on a cover of this classic Metallica song, just though I'd throw if up here for a few comments :)

I hate playing this slow stuff, it's so easy to mess up and destroy the vibe of the song :( And yet, so fun at the same time heh

http://members.iinet.net.au/~adamquek/My%20Friend%20of%20Misery.mp3

2. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator Member

One of my favorite Metallica songs. Did you find that bit of backing track or did you produce it yourself? The guitar tones are great! Share your rig/specs with us? Cheers.

3. adamquek

adamquek Member

I used MIDI for the backing track, I had to pitch shift the bass patch I had down an octave for it to work :D The guitars are all...

6-string Soloway Swan -> Pod XT Live :D

Thanks for checking it out, I really love this song (hence the desire to cover it heh) I need to get my ass in gear and figure out the wah solo, and finish recording the whole thing. Maybe then I'll find someone who wants to sing over it :D

If anyone wants those patches for the PodXT just let me know and I'll fix you up. It's the Big Bottom on the left and the Diety Lead on the right side. The solo was done using the SLO model, and the clean tone is the JC120 model I think.

4. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Supporting Member

Nice. You never see anyone mention this song when Metallica comes up.

The chorus riff is one of my favorite heavy riffs of all time. Written by Jason Newstead if I'm not mistaken.