My Fuchs ODSLX100 finally arrived!

TNJ

Scottl has been working/tweaking this beast of an amp, and (after a little hair raising frivolity on the part of DHL) she finally showed up on my doorstep this evening.
A/B'd with 2 cabs (both 112): Two Rock (heritage g1265), and a Mesa (EVM12L). Both 8 ohm cabs.
PRS Custom 22...a touch of slapback delay.
I need to say here that Scott did alot of things under the hood, which I dont really understand, you'll have to ask him. ;)
The reason I shipped it to him in the first place was a loud hum, that accentuated with the reverb on. I bought this amp probably 3rd hand, and she has seen alot of travel. Well, Scottl not only fixed the hum, but added some special sauce that has this little firebreather toned up to the max.
Cleans are huge and sweet with alot of definition, worked well with both single coil/humbucker setting on the Cu22. The overdrive however...ho chi mama! :eek: VERY liquid like distortion/gain, with touch sensitivity and definition that has definitely been increased by a significant amount!
Also getting both even order and octave harmonic bloom that I didnt get before. What a great amp! I'm gigging tomorrow night at a small rock club that should be filled to capacity (on the eve of the Pats defeat :D ).
I'll report back on how things turned out.
I'm not sure which cab I like better. Seems the EVM12L has a bit more highs and distorts very sweetly. The g1265 has a bit more 'life' and complexity than the EV. Both work GREAT with this amp, however.

So, thanks to brother Scott for doing his ODE sh*t so well...mighty fine, man!
And thanks to Andy Fuchs for building one hell of an amp platform with tones aplenty...even before the mods were done.

You guys both RAWK!!!!!!

S.
j

scottl

This was a 2003 amp, before SLX and before the modular tonestack card or power supply card. It has the hanging caps. I think Steve is the 4th owner. My friend Jeff, hamrhed1 on tgp, had me work her over a few years ago. Since I had already been in it, I had Steve send it back. Amazing how much my recipe has changed in the subsequent years. I actually rebuilt the whole thing. Whew... Glad it came out good. This was not a job but a favor for a friend in case anyone is wondering!

Fwiw, I completely redid the power amp, PI, and presence circuits to get those harmonics Steve refers to. It also greatly enhances string to string definition. The cleans are much "chimier" and sustain better too.

Scottl has been working/tweaking this beast of an amp, and (after a little hair raising frivolity on the part of DHL) she finally showed up on my doorstep this evening.
A/B'd with 2 cabs (both 112): Two Rock (heritage g1265), and a Mesa (EVM12L). Both 8 ohm cabs.
PRS Custom 22...a touch of slapback delay.
I need to say here that Scott did alot of things under the hood, which I dont really understand, you'll have to ask him. ;)
The reason I shipped it to him in the first place was a loud hum, that accentuated with the reverb on. I bought this amp probably 3rd hand, and she has seen alot of travel. Well, Scottl not only fixed the hum, but added some special sauce that has this little firebreather toned up to the max.
Cleans are huge and sweet with alot of definition, worked well with both single coil/humbucker setting on the Cu22. The overdrive however...ho chi mama! :eek: VERY liquid like distortion/gain, with touch sensitivity and definition that has definitely been increased by a significant amount!
Also getting both even order and octave harmonic bloom that I didnt get before. What a great amp! I'm gigging tomorrow night at a small rock club that should be filled to capacity (on the eve of the Pats defeat :D ).
I'll report back on how things turned out.
I'm not sure which cab I like better. Seems the EVM12L has a bit more highs and distorts very sweetly. The g1265 has a bit more 'life' and complexity than the EV. Both work GREAT with this amp, however.

So, thanks to brother Scott for doing his ODE sh*t so well...mighty fine, man!
And thanks to Andy Fuchs for building one hell of an amp platform with tones aplenty...even before the mods were done.

You guys both RAWK!!!!!!

S.
j

Leonc

Wild Gear Herder
Platinum Supporting Member
Very cool of you Scott. Congrats Dr J! Enjoy it in good health!

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
Sounds cool, did you guys record any clips? Maybe a before and after?

I have before and after clips of my Fuchs. It was a great amp to start, and Scott smashed it out of the park. It sounds unreal, and may be the easiest amp to play fast on I have owned. THATS saying something, because D style amps are usually very difficult to play.

rgee27

Scott...you are such a "master of the amp tone" . You are definitely an amp "Guru" in my book...and with such big ole ears!

Richard

scottl

Steve, any new updates? Shoot me an email......

And to clarify, this amp was already totally rebuilt when Steve got it. Since I already had modded it, I wanted it back here. It's original owner was Larry Wysocki fwiw.

TNJ

New day, same great results, Scott.
I played my Les Paul and Suhr Strat through her this morning...sweet,sweet, sweet.
The cleans are what you 'd expect out of a well built 100watter.
Big and shiny, with detailed dynamics.
The overdrive continues to keep my jaw on the floor.
LOVE IT. As of this moment, I'm really digging the EVM12L 112 cab.
Tonite I'm running through a Two Rock 212 cab with TR1265/G1265.

Stay tuned,

S.
j

I have before and after clips of my Fuchs. It was a great amp to start, and Scott smashed it out of the park. It sounds unreal, and may be the easiest amp to play fast on I have owned. THATS saying something, because D style amps are usually very difficult to play.
I guess this qualifies as a....
TAGAPPROVED.jpg

Frankenstrat2

Alright Steve!
Glad it all worked out. I know you're gonna dig this amp.
A pair of 12-65s is the way to go! A 1x12 with EV's is good for small stuff- tighter lows for a single speaker cab, IMO.
Wait till you get to crank that thing in a full club and let it breathe a bit.
Did he give you the FAT switch?
:AOK:dude
Scott is da man
or da dog wit da big earz.
AB70063.jpg.jpg

TNJ

Gigged last nite with the Fuchs, my little multi fx Boss ME50, and my Gibby R7 Goldtop with Wolfetone Marshallhead PAF style 'buckers. I took the Mesa 112/EVM12L because this club is a basement room 2 flights down, and no elevator. :eek:
Great soundman, too. I had the 112 about 12 ft away from me off to the side of the stage and facing me. He had some kind of ribbon mic on the cab. This rig KILLED! There were a couple of guitarists out in the audience, who came up after and asked me 50 million questions about the amp. One guy said, "Hey, doesnt Bonamassa have one of these?". I told him I thought he did. They were checking it out big time. This is a new band for me, and we do everything from James Gang to Alice in Chains to Molly Hatchet to Journey to Uriah Heep to ZZ Top. My cleans were superb, and the overdrive tones (no pedals here) was just rock perfection. Just to my taste.
What a great little rig...quite the sleeper when you look at the head/112 cab. Then you crank it, and....!!!!
So, today I am going to putz around at home and try the various cabs I have to get the best fit.

So far, so good!
S.
j

edit- Effects loop/reverb very nice too...I didnt mention that earlier.
Also, the Two Rock 212 cab (TR1265/Heritage G1265) is sounding WAY phat with the Collings I-35. Very Carltonesque on the "Kid" solo.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom