1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

my gf broke it off on christmas eve

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by elnino69, Jan 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Rick Lee

Rick Lee Member

Oh man, this rings true. My ex and I were staying with my folks when things went south. We had it out in our bedroom, but no shouting or drama, while my folks were still downstairs. The next day at breakfast the mood was different and it was pretty dicey to put on a good facade for my folks until we got into the car and went back to our house. My mom called the next day and asked what was up, said she sensed something had gone down.

2HBStrat likes this.
  2. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

True. Whether it's the girl leaving, or the guy leaving, imo one of two things has to happen....(1) you have to be at the point where you say to yourself "even if I never have another date in my life I just can't be with this person any longer", or (2) you already have someone else already lined up....that's the way I see it anyway...

3. I am the Liquor

I am the Liquor Member

She was likely doing that for sometime already.

4. MoPho

MoPho International Man of Leisure Silver Supporting Member

5. Fred Farkus

Fred Farkus Gold Supporting Member

You're positive, huh?

6. Riverrat84

Riverrat84 Member

Can't say I've ever seen a girl that broke off a long term relationship that didn't already have something lined up. Not to say it can't happen. Keep your head up and be glad you didn't throw away you chance at playing professionally to have this happen a few years down the road with kids involved.

7. mrmatt1972

mrmatt1972 Member

Long story short is she grew up. She was 19 when she met you, you were 27. That's not a huge age gap, but at those ages it is usually a major maturity gap. Since then she went through school and came out with a more adult mindset. You got a good gig in the meantime, but probably haven't changed a lot. Sorry you broke up, but the sad fact is people tend to change a lot in their early 20s, and most people want to actually see their partner most of the time.

8. kebotrans

kebotrans Gold Supporting Member

“If you love something set it free. If it comes back it’s yours. If not, it was never meant to be.”

Wishing you the best OP. Pour some into that six string you will be ok.

9. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

I know a guy (a drummer) who married the same girl three times...

10. dougb415

dougb415 Member

Nope, you are missing the big point. She wants you home, not out on the road. A touring guitarist is going to be gone sporadically, and then might be home with no income for months. Not to mention the millions of beautiful women that will be salivating over you at every show - or at least they will in her mind. She wants you to do what makes you happy, but what makes you happy makes her insecure. At 24, they are thinking marriage, babies, family, career.

11. bayAreaDude

bayAreaDude Member

She's a kid, to be expected. Date older if you're looking for someone to put work in to make a relationship work.

tabb74 likes this.
  12. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

I don't know if you mentioned it or not, but.....how did you two meet? (Not that it matters....just curious)

13. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

To elnino69: I broke up with a woman (psycho?) I had known for 22 years, after reconnecting with her at the 20th HS class reunion. 19 months later I was done...she was in therapy over the last bf (but swore she was over it, and I shouldn't worry), wrote down secretive notes about coworkers that "had it in for her" that she intended to use to prosecute for harassment, couldn't cook, rarely cleaned, and loved to argue or create arguments because she thought it was exciting.

Right, arguing is exciting to you? Ok, I'm out, see ya MUCH later.

Broke it off with her before Thanksgiving.

I got a call every other day about how she's pissed at me that she had to send another Christmas present back and how I was making her upset doing it.

Right, arguing is exciting, I'm changing my phone # now. Thank God she wasn't computer savvy or I'd really be in trouble.

Took a break from dating/relationships for two years after that one. Just didn't want to deal with any woman for awhile.

Sometimes you just don't get an answer that makes sense, and you have to resign yourself to the fact that you won't.

I came up with a new motto after the one I mentioned above....

"One day to remember the good times, one day to remember the bad times, then you're done."

Good luck with your future.

FenderTone likes this.
  14. Heinz57Pep

Heinz57Pep Member

Years back a friend of mine's girlfriend dumped him the day after Christmas....because for Christmas he got her an exercise bike, and she didn't ask for one.

Scumback Speakers and tabb74 like this.
  15. MrSteve

MrSteve Descendant of William Skelly Gold Supporting Member

Btw, women are much better in their early mid 30s than early mid 20s. Like going from a water fountain to a geyser. Trust me it better yet, get out their and find out for yourself.

Scrapperz likes this.
  16. Heinz57Pep

Heinz57Pep Member

Agree. In fact, I contend a man has not lived unless while in his 20s he bedded down a woman 10-15 years his senior.

MrSteve likes this.