My gig got cancelled over the weekend due to Coronavirus. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by reddgeetarzan, Mar 12, 2020.

1. lp_bruce

lp_bruce Member

Right. And it seems "recently" to me because she's a good friend and it was such a big and scary thing. And it's something she's acutely aware of (which is why she talked with her doc) so it is on my radar too. I'm not currently playing any gigs with people packed tight--where the musicians or our audience don't have some space.

2. Gasp100

Gasp100 Supporting Member

I played a gig last night and it was very full, but not shoulder to shoulder. Then some drunk old bat came up and wanted to sing Frank Sinatra and started reaching for my lead singer's mic!!! She laced into him pretty good, but still. WTF? Especially now!

Our gig this weekend is canceled and we have April and most of May off (not by our choosing).
    I'm not booking anything beyond what is already on the books before June at this point.
    I really feel for those who rely heavily on live music gigs. It is going to suck bigtime and not bounce back that quickly. So many people on so many levels are already being negatively affected.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    sandcastle, yawiney and lp_bruce like this.
  3. lp_bruce

lp_bruce Member

Yeah, I lost a few thousand dollars from my St. Pack's gigs being cancelled. But i have a day job which pays my bills (and then some), so it doesn't actually affect me much financially. But I have many friends, including my duo partner, who are full time musicians. And for them, things will be tighter for a while.

sandcastle and Gasp100 like this.
  4. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Supporting Member

In NM they have cancelled all events of 100 people or more...or less....music, Art ect...all schoolS are closed down for 3 weeks.....this is serious..we have a good governor now,..thank god

nomadh, sandcastle and yawiney like this.
  5. Balok

Balok Member

100 or more canceled in Santa Clara County. Six gigs nixed so far. Likely many more to come. This hiatus may be seen by some band leaders as an opportunity to shake up lineups or blow off some regular gigs. We shall see.

sandcastle likes this.
  6. Not Orange

Not Orange Supporting Member

If I sing I can quickly empty a room. But the people fleeing usually suffer from the same symptoms as the virus. Neasia
    Yes, epidemiologist, you know people with PhD's and who study this as a career are saying we should have done this weeks ago once we knew the virus was in the country. I'm going to trust the scientists and medical doctors on this. Nothing personal but it just seems more rational to do that

Hofnarr likes this.
  7. Not Orange

That's tough man. :(

8. Not Orange

Covid-19 is HIGHLY contagious. Far, far more so than recent epidemics like swine flu, Mers, or SARS. And ten times more deadly than the seasonal flu that still kills thousands every year.

oldhonk likes this.
  9. Not Orange

You're absolutely right! They have it rough even in good times.

10. Sirloin

Sirloin Supporting Member

Not ten times more deadly.

vicdeluca71 likes this.
  11. Not Orange

And we should trust you over medical doctors and scientists because why?

12. jb70

jb70 Supporting Member

Cool. Be safe and have a great gig!

makeitstop likes this.
  13. Not Orange

There is NO vaccine for covid-19. Obviously since you didn't know that you clearly lack sufficient information to pontificate on the proper reaction to this pandemic .

Hofnarr and turntable_blues like this.
  14. Not Orange

Please watch Dr. Fauci's testimony where he states explicitly that it is ten times more deadly.

Facing questions from lawmakers, Fauci explained, “It is 10 times more lethal than the seasonal flu.”​

MaxTwang, oldhonk, Hofnarr and 3 others like this.
  15. squeally dan

squeally dan Member

Private party two weeks away was cancelled. Company party so kissing out on some pretty good bank.

16. wstsidela

wstsidela Sedulous Gold Supporting Member

I have a gig on Thursday. I want to play.

17. JimGtr

JimGtr Gold Supporting Member

Same. Two of my three were cancelled this weekend. Although one of them was outdoors and looking at the weather forecast it would probably have been rained out anyway.

18. haslar

haslar Member

yup. My gig on Sunday (tomorrow) got canceled yesterday.
    I’m in Paris, France, and pretty much all March gigs are getting canceled.

19. Sirloin

Sirloin Supporting Member

Way too many people in that hearing. LOL. So much for social distancing.

we have more people dead in the state of NC from the flu since Sept 2019 than the entire USA from Covid19. If they get all this testing they are demanding, we are going to find exponentially more people have Covid19. Which will actually lower the death rate considerably.

No one seems concerned that Tom Hanks is going to die. Why? Because the virus isn’t that deadly. This panic is crushing people financially and I believe has the potential to actually kill more people through a greater depression than our world has ever seen. Carry on.

vicdeluca71 and russ6100 like this.
  20. crazyneddie

crazyneddie Member

One cancelled, one is a private party in a brewery and I can’t believe they are still having it. I think it’s crazy to risk getting sick for a gig.

reddgeetarzan and Hofnarr like this.