My GigRig Pro14 is hands down the best thing I've bought in 5yrs!

lifeinsong

i think the MIDI mod is around $100.00. I got a discounted price because I am a previous GigRig owner...had to sell mine last year for financial reasons.

FYI, J.T. Guitar is selling a Brand New Pro-14 for $875.00 in the Emporium...save yourself almost $200.00, plus you pay no extra tariffs.

Macaroni

What are the differences between the GigRig 8 & 14 vs the Carl Marin Combinator 2 or Octa Switch?

J.T. Guitar

Platinum Member
What are the differences between the GigRig 8 & 14 vs the Carl Marin Combinator 2 or Octa Switch?

The 8 has less loops and is Midi standard, the Pro-14 has 10 loops in cluding a stereo loop. IMHO- The GigRig's quality and flexibility far surpass the CMC or the OS.

I cant agree more with Celestion101. I bought my Pro 14 about 18months ago. It has completly changed my tone, my setup and my playing. It has become an essential part of my studio and most importantly my live setup. I simply wouldnt leave home for a gig without it now.

My current live setup consists of a Hiwatt 100 head as my clean channel and a Mesa Boogie Tremoverb head for my overdrive tones (channel one: Vintage Hi-Gain; Channel Two: Modern Hi-Gain). I tend to use only one cabinet when playng live (Mesa Boogie Recto 2x12 stereo cabinet with V30's) to simplify miccing up. I have been using a Radial Tonebone Headbone VT to enable me to use both heads with one cab. The Pro 14 controls the guitar signal and externally switches the amps channels and the satellite switch on the Headbone. This basically allows me to hit one button on the Pro 14 and change amp channel and which head is in use, whilst the load of the unused head is safely maintained.

I play in a modern progressive rock band meaning I require a huge variety of tones and effects. My live rig consists of about 20 pedals roughly. I wouldnt even have imagined taking half of this gear before the Pro 14 due to the horrible loss of signal strength and tone. The difference in tone since using the Pro 14 has been unbelivable, my PRS Singlecut has never sounded so good.

Another great feature I have taken advantage of is described by Tonefish. I use two Humdingers in conjunction with the Pro 14 to utilise the effects loops of both amps. This has been a revelation with regards to reverbs, delays and modulation effects and removes the need to have effectively two seperate pedalboards. One hit of a button can change amp channel, the amp in use, and any number of effects before the pre amp and in the fx loop.

Build quality and customer service from GigRig is excellent, I have had my Pro 14 modified which was done quickly and efficiently.

Cant recommend the Pro 14 enough!

robcollins

I am another very happy Pro 14 user. Although I don't gig with mine, I find it invaluable for easy switching between multiple pedals and amps at home.

Dan does some other fantastic products besides the Pro14.
I also use the Humdinger, Generator PSU and distributor units and I can't wait to get my hands on the new Remote Loopy 2 and Wetbox units!

Dan is a great guy and is never too busy to reply to any email questions I might have.

Craig Walker

"Anger, fear, aggression. The Bark Side are they"
Gold Supporting Member
Could not imagine ever 'toe-tapping' again.

The Gigrig is essential, to me.

johnwesley

I know I have posted about the gigrig before.....I have done around two hundred gigs with mine....now own two pro 14s...one in Europe, one in the states...and... in my recording studio....have a midi 8 on a board I put together for clients that come in with less than "stellar" rigs. IN the three configs I use damn near everything Daniel offers to guitarists. He is a super hot player himself, and designs things based on a players "needs". I rewired all my boards with the distributer, use the loopy two for adding extras...and the humdingers...wow. I have one modded to handle my piezo from the PRS's, one of the ext controls turns the HD on and off to bring the piezo in and out and send it to a direct box. Having the piezo in the Humdinger has stopped any hum problems we have with ground loops caused by the direct box and tying into the house console. One of the hidden features of the gigrig that puts it over the top is the buffer inside of it...just running your guitar through it....with none of the loops engaged...improves the tone. i record all of my guitar tracks through it.

All in all...the gigrig is a must have. JW

Carlos Pérez

Danielahelpingtoconnect.jpg
I know I have posted about the gigrig before.....I have done around two hundred gigs with mine....now own two pro 14s...one in Europe, one in the states...and... in my recording studio....have a midi 8 on a board I put together for clients that come in with less than "stellar" rigs. IN the three configs I use damn near everything Daniel offers to guitarists. He is a super hot player himself, and designs things based on a players "needs". I rewired all my boards with the distributer, use the loopy two for adding extras...and the humdingers...wow. I have one modded to handle my piezo from the PRS's, one of the ext controls turns the HD on and off to bring the piezo in and out and send it to a direct box. Having the piezo in the Humdinger has stopped any hum problems we have with ground loops caused by the direct box and tying into the house console. One of the hidden features of the gigrig that puts it over the top is the buffer inside of it...just running your guitar through it....with none of the loops engaged...improves the tone. i record all of my guitar tracks through it.

All in all...the gigrig is a must have. JW

Hi John
Sooo nice to see you and Daniel posting in here.

As a non profesional guitar player, I´ve spent long years on my Tone Quest, and adding the Gigrig to my gear meant arriving to the promise land for me.

I bought my MIDI 8 on Sept. 2007 and Dan has been extremely kind on answering all my questions before and after my purchase.

For using my Parker´s piezo on my MIDI 8 setup Dan suggested back in Sept. 2007: "I had a thought. There's another way to activate your piezo without sacrificing any MIDI 8 loops. We can use the remote switch to activate one of the loops on a LOOPY 2. So you can hit a preset on the midi 8 which will mute your electric and turn on the piezo. You will also have a spare loop on the loopy 2 so you can add an effect to the piezo if you like as well. It would be a killer setup giving you the best of everything..."

I´m just curious what´s exactly the set up do you have for using your piezo?

I couldn´t attend your most recently live performance on México City, but I hope there´ll be soon another chance.
Thank you in advance.
Greetings from México

Last edited:

loophole54

I agree that the Gig Rig is amazing. FYI, you can request that the Gig Rig Pro14 come with MIDI as an option.

I paid a little extra, and got my Pro 14 with MIDI.

Bri5150

I just ordered the gigrig midi 14. J.T., what size is the pedal board in your photo? After laying out my pedals, I think I'm looking at a 36" x 18". Maybe a 38" just in case.

High Voltage

How are you guys using the 14 presets? Are you using the bottom row as presets and bringing in single pedals with the top row?

Lomeos

How are you guys using the 14 presets? Are you using the bottom row as presets and bringing in single pedals with the top row?

Yes, I have all my 'base' sounds (compressors, od's, fuzzes, etc) on the bottom row and all other stomps (modulation, delay, etc) on the top row.

I also have a tube screamer preset + buffer boost on the top row to add to any preset for lead. Works like a charm.

High Voltage

Would you mind listing your base sounds? Im brainstorming trying to think what 7 combos would be best. Would be cool to hear what others have found to work out well.

Lomeos

Would you mind listing your base sounds? Im brainstorming trying to think what 7 combos would be best. Would be cool to hear what others have found to work out well.

Sure. I got more pedals than loops, so a still have some extra switching to do (pedals on/off, etc).

Bottom row (preset mode)
Preset 1: compressor (cs-2, or analogman juicer)
Preset 2: compressor & analogman kot (usually the boost side)
Preset 3: king of tone or boss dual od (lead channel). Switchable with gigrig loopy2
Preset 4: tube screamer
Preset 5: fuzz factory or big muff clone
Preset 6: Analogman sun face
Preset 7: free for now

Top row (stomp mode)
8: delay (nova delay or deep blue delay)
9: hartman flanger when it arrives, chorus for now
10: rotovibe
11: ehx pog 2
12: ehz riddle
13: compressor, in case i suddenly want one
14: tube screamer & post boost for lead

And a wah in front

So i have all my base sounds pretty 'dry' and add the fancy stuff on the fly.

lazyrabbit

Those are indeed very nice pieces; welcome to the world of complex switching :).
Can you also enable/disable pedals within patches? That would really make it a perfect device.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom