• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

My guitar stolen!!!

cmc2878

My 2005 PRS Cu22 was stolen sometime between noon Tuesday and 6 today...along with various other effects pedals.

Sometime in the 4 times I've moved since owning the guitar I've misplaced the serial number. I did register with PRS is there any way I can speak to them and find the serial number?

If anyone is in the Myrtle Beach or southern SC area, please be on the lookout. I have an idea of who stole it and am fairly sure its been pawned.

The guitar is Blue Mateo...not a 20th anniversary model but has the 20th truss rod cover as it was made in 2005. There is a small crack near the input jack, one on the upper section of the guitar...and a small dent near the knobs. It has McCarty style switching and black knobs. Inside the case there there are two sets of In ears, and an SM57.

Also stolen was my pedalboard...loaded with a PodXt bean...an Xotic AC Booster, Fulltone Clyde wah wah, Lovepedal 200lbs, and line 6 dl4...all loaded with WHITE velcro!

Last edited:

dwes

That sucks, Bro.:mad:
I hope you keep an eye out for local eBay, Craigslist, etc and pawns.
Good luck.

pdks

That is a total drag. Sorry for your loss. I agree with dwes ...do some of your own detective work. Chances are the punks that ripped you off will try to sell your stuff. And smart people don't end up being b&e petty thieves. They probably won't put much stealth or thought into fencing your gear.

Good luck....

tbp0701

Sorry to hear that. I had my sax stolen years ago after a gig, and I still miss it.

Did you make a police report? If not, make sure you do. It'll come up if a legitimate business does the check on it. You will need the serial number, though. PRS might have the record; the contact info is here: http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/contact.html

gixxerrock

That really sucks. For sure do a police report, so if it shows up in a pawn shop you can get it back. Did you buy it from a dealer? They might also have a record of the serial number. Good luck.

Shawn.

Thor

So sorry to hear this.

Keep an eye on the local Craigs Lists, e-bay and of course check the local pawn shops.

Hope this has a happy ending. Please keep us posted,

Edward

webe123

I had a guitar (Fender reissue 57 strat) stolen from a church I attended at the time. And a couple of other guitars were also stole.

But the theif that stole mine must have had a guilty consience, because he went to the sherrifs dept. and admitted what he did the next day! Turns out it was a kid who came to one of our services the sunday before. I never did get my strat back, because he and his partner split up and his partner took my strat! But we did get back another strat and bass the kid had in his possession.

So I know how bad it sucks to have gear stolen from you that you really miss! By the way, when my guitar was stolen was a day RIGHT AFTER I paid $60.00 to have my strat set up! it was one of the best playing strats I had....until it was stolen that is!

Anyway, I hope you find the jerk that did this and he goes to jail and you get your stuff back. I never did like a thief!

BadAssBill

Very sorry to hear about your gear. Please read my thread about my stuff being stolen as there is good pawn/insurance info in there.
Best of luck....

webe123

While we may have disagreements and agreements over gear on this board, I think that the majority here would say that they detest a thief!

Mojo can be a good or bad thing....in this case though....I would not want to be the thief that stole that gear!

cmc2878

Thanks for the support guys...the guitar was actually a 16th birthday present...I asked for it instead of a car(something I'm still very proud of)

I filed a police report before I even posted here.

I'm fairly certain of who the thief is. It was actually stolen from my church, one of the young men who has been volunteering for his PTI has been know to steal and pawn stuff for drug money. We thought he was clean, but apparently friday he relapsed. Fortunately, his uncle(who is a family friend) said his MO is usually the same...steal and pawn at the closest shop.

The pawn shops here can't put anything on the shelves for 7 days because the police come by once a week to do inventory on new items. I'm going to go around today with the police report to see if I can get any info. If they won't show me anything I'll have to wait a week.

webe123

Thanks for the support guys...the guitar was actually a 16th birthday present...I asked for it instead of a car(something I'm still very proud of)

I filed a police report before I even posted here.

I'm fairly certain of who the thief is. It was actually stolen from my church, one of the young men who has been volunteering for his PTI has been know to steal and pawn stuff for drug money. We thought he was clean, but apparently friday he relapsed. Fortunately, his uncle(who is a family friend) said his MO is usually the same...steal and pawn at the closest shop.

The pawn shops here can't put anything on the shelves for 7 days because the police come by once a week to do inventory on new items. I'm going to go around today with the police report to see if I can get any info. If they won't show me anything I'll have to wait a week.

So your was stolen at a church too? How sad.

cmc2878

Good News!!!

The guitar was found (by the family of the thief) at a local pawn shop. I am meeting with a detective tomorrow to recover it along with my pedalboard.