My guitar tone is absolutely phenomenal, and yet...

... no one but me and the dogs know it.

I used to play in bands, did years of refining how to achieve awesome guitar tones, and now it's just for me to wank around on at home. <shrugging shoulders>

Here is how I achieved my phenomenal tone:

Gibson SG loaded with Ephiphone G400 humbuckers > Calene Orange Burst overdrive (Xotic BB overdrive clone) > Garnet Revolution Pro II 1x12 combo with NOS preamp tubes and Celestion Blue speaker.

If I want a lead tone, I stomp on a TC Electronics Spark clean boost.

My rhythm and lead tones are absolutely phenomenal. I could gig or record this rig without exception. I would put this rig up against any boutiquey rig in a second and more than likely best it. This is not a challenge, just an observation.

truckin

Silver Supporting Member
Ephiphone pickups, who would've guessed. To address your first point, I think finding "your sound" is more or less a personal thing. I have a hard time believing the audience would know the difference between say a Marshall and a Freidman. You do you, we're all nuts who blow too much money on guitar stuff.

I don't really play out either aside from occasional jams. I find myself having more fun just learning new things. I always get jittery and just fail to function in front of crowds, guess that's something to work on. But nailing that solo in my bedroom with a cranked Marshall rattling my windows is always fun. Probably not good for my dog's ears though.

Last edited:
The preamp tubes are lower gain. I dime the volume and put the master at about 9 oclock. It is the perfect mix of preamp and power tube overdrive with this Caline orange burst.

Ephiphone pickups, who would've guessed. To address your first point, I think finding "your sound" is more or less a personal thing. I have a hard time believing the audience would know the difference between say a Marshall and a Freidman.

I think we can all agree audiences have no idea what good tone is, but they can recognize when it's really, really bad.

But we know what good tone is.

Geez, how about letting us hear it?

Yes, I'm sure you would like me to back up my bold statement. I don't even have a proper mic to record with (I have a Nady budget karaoke mic). Additionally, my recording interface is an intermittent piece of crap from ART. Moreover, I'm so sick of trying to learn DAW's that I don't even have the patience to deal with Reaper. I really wish someone put out a decent, simple recording software like Garageband for Windows.

You'll just have to imagine an awesome classic rock tone.

Blanket Jackson

Everything is temporary anyway
Gold Supporting Member
My rhythm and lead tones are absolutely phenomenal ...
judah-postercropped.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom