• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

My Guitars and Amps stolen in Atlanta

BadAssBill

Hello everyone. I walked home today and discoverd all the gear except my cabinet and ES-137 was stolen. If anyone has any leads on gear they see, please PM me.

This is the worst freaking feeling.

08 Sunburst Strat
05 American Tele
92 LP Studio, heaviy played
Marshall had a black cover with nothing on it.

jazzandmetal?

Silver Supporting Member
That sucks. If you can, pm me the serial numbers. At the very least if they don't turn up on craigs list or ebay I can send an email to the guys at the Atlanta Guitar Centers. If you feel more comfortable, just send the last 4 of the serials.

Scumback Speakers

Platinum Supporting Member
I'll never forget the phone call I got from my neighbor (while I was in LA) asking me if I'd been home that day in April, 1993. Every single piece of gear I had was stolen except my 68 LP Custom and my Randall RG-80 combo,which was at my girlfriend's place in LA.

I was insured, but try to find a 20th Anniversary JCM800 stack...

I feel your pain, it sucks big time. Hope you get your stuff back!

JUSTJOB

:(That's terrible! I pray the authorities find the persons responsible for this quickly and that you get back your stuff. Even though good guitars can be physically replaced, they can never be truly replaced once you have bonded with that certain one. Nothing ever feels quite the same.

BadAssBill

Hey guys, I'm just over the Smyrna line in Austell on the East West. I'm hoping to track down serial numbers tomorrow.

I talked to my insurance company years ago about being insured for instruments, but as you guys know...it's not just the cash. I know it's a long shot....if any local folks visit the pawn shops, just keep them in mind. Thanks to everyone for all their condolences.

The strat was brand new, and the Marshall was one of the tones in my head.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
Wow .... that totally sucks .... hopefully you have pics and serial #s.... and insurance.

Keep an eye on Craig's list. Best of luck.

ford

Modz
Staff member
We were broken into back in 2006..man what a terrible feeling. They took three great guitars. Insurance covered them, BUT I'll never be able to get back that one specific G&L Asat Junior.... man that was THE guitar....

rock

bford

5E3

I hate thieves. Makes you feel violated. Vandals are a close second.

Sorry to learn about this Bill. Hang in there man.

BadAssBill

Serial number on the Sunburst strat:

I'm not sure I have the rest. The Marshall head had some work done too it and can be easily distinguishable by an effects loop in the back. The pre-gain had a push/pull gain stage added as well.
The Goodsell had a footswitch and Fender cover on it that was originally on my Deluxe.
Tweed Jr is naturally reliced.

Nothing terribly interesting about this pic...but a small shot of what they look like If anyone has a relationship with the pawn shops in Atlanta, I'd appreciate any help and would offer a reward for locating my gear.:

soli528

Look, my first gold medal.
Gold Supporting Member
Damn man, so sorry. Will be keeping an eye out.

BadAssBill

Update:
I found out, it was my roomate. This was a guy who had literally nothing, I agreed to let him live with me because his parents had died in a car crash several years ago. His life was in a spiral and I agreed, on the advice of some good friends, to let him rebuild with a hand up. I let him eat whatever he wanted....first month rent free then rent would be $300 until he got on his feet. The bottom line...is I didn't seen this coming at all.

So far, I've recovered the strat and Tele. No Les Paul Studio yet.
I've also tracked down the Marshall, but no Goodsell or other Fenders. If I can at least track down the Goodsell I'd be very happy. The Les Paul would be icing on the cake.

I appreciate everyone's ears to the ground, I'm calling around the circuit now.

Thanks,
Bill

Trending Topics