My Humble Studio

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by CharlyG, Mar 24, 2015.

1. CharlyG

CharlyG Play It Forward

So here it is.....boom arm for the V67G coming today.

[​IMG]

2. 78deluxe

78deluxe Member

Highly recommend getting another monitor for use with Sonar.

Pick one up cheap at a thrift store or garage sale.

3. CharlyG

CharlyG Play It Forward

I have a smaller one, would that matter? I'm not sure how one would set it up, as far as what is on which monitor......

4. 78deluxe

78deluxe Member

You would just have to set your screen resolutions.

All depends on how you like your workflow. I tend to undock the multi-doc from the bottom and then put that on my monitor on my right.

I heard some issues with the new (Artist, Platinum) with some problems using a different screen resolution in this way. But it worked fine for me with X3 Producer. I have since acquired a matching set of monitors, but like you, I had a smaller one to test with 1st and it worked fine.

Having an extra monitor makes using the software much more enjoyable in my experience.

5. CharlyG

CharlyG Play It Forward

Yeah, I have been having issues with not enough info on the screen,even with this big monitor, THe other one is at least 18" so not too bad.... It would be cool to have the faders off by themselves......I'll try it after the session today. I screwed up somehow and all my tracks turned to midi, so I am starting the project over over, but saving and making a backup EVERY TIME I finish a session. I lost my original takes while exporting audio.........odd, but CW said way more trouble than it's worth to try and find them.