My KR Music Mini-Megavibe is on the way

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 58lespaulman, Oct 8, 2005.

1. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Just got an email from the builder that he sent my Mini Megavibe out today.. I can hardly wait, it should get here around Tuesday.. Can anybody give me an Idea of what I'm in for??

2. johnny67

johnny67 Guest

You are in for the real vintage univox uni-vibe tone- sounds like the records!!-it sounds like a total top notch vintage uni-vibe-that underwater liquid like tone & worble-not that kinda sorta sound-no op-amps! the authentic real transistorized solid state circuitry & sound!:dude

3. Idlewilde

Idlewilde Member

The paint job isn't worth a crap but the pedal itself is fantastic! :D

4. johnny67

johnny67 Guest

They are excellent & sound totally killer even if the paint job isn't the greatest but they look cool anyways and best of all the sound speaks for it self!:dude

5. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I really don't care about the paint job, even though I think it looks good and I love that color... The color of these Megavibes are very cool I think..I only care if it sounds good.. It's all about the sound, and that 1969 univibe sound not that kinda sorta sound...

6. johnny67

johnny67 Guest

Vintage Guitar magazine's artcle said cool purple paint!:D
    let us know how you like Kevin's Megavibe pedal & maybe post soundclips-I bet that you'll love it as Kevin's pedals sound killer-The Gypsy Fuzz sounds awesome with the Megavibe! Randy Hansen's choice of vibe pedal is the Megavibe!:dude

7. exodus

exodus Member

good for you... the KR vibe is really special. let us know what you think.

8. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I will.. Kevin R. is a very nice guy to deal with also.. He is so into what he does.. We emailed back and fourth about the Megavibe and he really loves the Univibe, and he has that circuit board in his memory.. And he loves Jimi Hendrix.. This is probably why he makes such a good vibe, because he is soo pationate about his products...

9. johnny67

johnny67 Guest

That is cool to speak of Kevin that way,He personally knew Jimi's dad the last six years of mr. hendrix life (& met Jimi's family)& said that he treasures having known Mr. Hendrix & felt that mr. Hendrix was such a very down to earth person,It's too bad that Mr Hendrix didn't live to see the Vintage Guitar review article on Kevin's pedal's:'Jimi Would Love'Em!"-I'm sure Mr. Hendrix & Jimi were & are smiling down apond Kevin when the article came out as Kevin's goal is to produce pedals that honor Jimi's Legacy! Anyways Kevin was known in Tacoma washington as the pedalman & is very missed by musician's in washington-(he since moved to florida)but keeps in touch.:dude

10. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I'm only telling the truth.. I wish that every pedal maker was into there products like Kevin Randall.. It's like he lives for making these pedals, and it really makes him happy.. I cannot wait to hear the Mini-Megavibe..

11. muddy

muddy Member

i am REALLY happy with my megavibe! this is one pedal that speaks for itself. this one was well worth the wait & expense.i would've bought one of it were $350! and don't get any ideas, kev!!:cool:

ml

12. tWreCK

tWreCK Member

I'm looking to buy a univibe pedal very soon - how does the megavibe hold up to all the other clones on the market (mini dejavibe, mojovibe, etc)?

Every maker claims "his" vibe is superior to the competition so it would be great to get the lowdown from all you guys. Which vibe does it for you and why?

13. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Well guys I received my Small Megavibe, and it's a little more pedal board friendly than the Mojovibe... I pluged it in just to hear through a very clean Fender and it sounded just like breath from Pink floyd.. The sound of this pedal is so awsome from the start, and it is less phasy than the Mojovibe.. And it can handle the signal better, which was the bigest thing.. The Megavibe has a clearer tone than the Mojo, and the guitar signal is so prestine.. Well I'm going back in to play.. Thanks Kevin Randall, you are the man..

14. wolfpack

wolfpack Supporting Member

+ 1

I still like my Ultravibe, but the Mini MegaVibe Nails the original sound

15. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Member

16. johnny67

johnny67 Guest

Firstoff the small Megavibe retains the tone of the guitar-it sounds like a top notch original-that lush,rich underwater liquid like tone-Of course everybody will say they make the best vibe clone but the Megavibe IS a real vibe,no op amps,original LFO,solid state circuitry-virually identical to a real 1969 uni-vibe circuitry-Yes the ones you see jimi using at woodstock,band of gypsies,berkeley & maui & isle of wright! the megavibe gives you the sound like the records! check out pictures & mp3's of the Megavibe on KR's website:MEGAVIBE! :dude

17. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I'll tell you I almost bought another Megavibe because it sound so good... Guys this pedal is top notch.. Believe me, if you've tried the Mojovibe and you like it, try the Small Megavibe it is the most inspiring Vibe pedal so far that I've had.. It keeps your guitar tone in tacked, and it has more headroom, and just a better warble, and swish to it... Oh, and I really love the color purple..

18. JiMB

JiMB Member

Mine just arrived but I have to wait for the post office to re-deliver, I wasn't home. I ordered the small one too. Can't wait to get it and have some Mega-Fun!:D

19. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Your going to love it.. This is the only vibe that you can actually put a overdrive or fuzz in front of and it sound awsome.. I'm telling you this pedal doesn't care where it is in the chain, it always sounds good, but I am liking it a lot with the Red Snapper running into the Megavibe, and the Megavibe eats it up..