1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We've added some "new" guys to the moderator crew. All are longtime members that stepped up to the invite to help out by volunteering their time and effort to help the membership experience on TGP stay on the even keel. A special thank you to the 'new' guys that helping out. The new moderators are Mike Duncan, Stormin, ford, Teleplayer, and PurpleJesus A thread on the announcement is here!

Dismiss Notice

My lateset build

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by B. Howard, Mar 13, 2015.

1. B. Howard

B. Howard Silver Supporting Member

I just finished this one up yesterday. While I have built quite a few acoustic guitars in the past few years this is the first electric I have built in over 20 years. Its is a solid mahogany with a hard maple cap and no weight relief. Compound radius ebony fretboard. I custom wound the mini hums myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. enharmonic

enharmonic Old Growth Gold Supporting Member

That looks great! Very nice job!

3. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Is the binding really marquetry? How much did it weigh in the end? It IS a very pretty guitar!

4. edwarddavis

edwarddavis Supporting Member

5. big mike

big mike Administrator Staff Member

Moved to proper forum

6. B. Howard

B. Howard Silver Supporting Member

Yes the binding is real marquetry. Each one of those little maple tiles cut by hand. It weighs 10.4 lbs ready to play.