My latest addition to the fold...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by blong, Jan 21, 2008.

1. blong

blong Supporting Member

Here she is, thanks to 02Singlecut. I finally got my McSoapy Trem. I've been lusting after one since 1999 and finally got my hands on one of only 13, or so. I never thought I'd find one when I had the cash. Here's a few pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to say, Todd (02Singlecut) was great to deal with. I am usually very quick to negotiate and close a deal. The holiday and travelling kept me from getting the cash out to him as quickly as I would have liked. I apologized then and Todd was completely understanding and easy to deal with. The guitar is exactly as described. He's a great person to deal with. I truly appreciate him and this guitar.

Thanks, Todd.

She sounds even better than she looks, and she looks even better in person. Dark Cherry doesn't photo very well.

Thanks for looking,

Bob

2. blong

blong Supporting Member

Here she is next to two of her sisters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three killer PRSi, if I may say so myself. VY CU24, Orange CU22 w/ McCarty electronics, my poor man's version of a McCarty Trem.

Bob

3. Griz

Griz Member

Beautacious!

:)

4. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

blong, that is awesome. I was eyeballing that one when 02 had it for sale, along with the goldtop McTrem that someone else was selling. Of course I sprung for neither!

That is one great looking guitar and I love the orange CU22 as well. That is my favorite finish. Actually, it confused me because I thought the orange one was a McCarty trem as well, but then I saw your note about the different electronics.

5. rhp52

rhp52 Supporting Member

6. blong

blong Supporting Member

Phil,
    I would love to own a McCarty Trem, as well. I actually would like the McCarty Trem and not the DGT. I probably prefer the neck carve on the DGT, but the third knob just looks odd to me.

I finally got one of my dream PRSi, the McSoapy Trem. I need a few others to completely satisfy my PRS lust:

McCarty Trem
    McCarty
    McSoapy
    SAS
    CU22 Soapbar
    Hollowbody (preferably a HBII with piezo).

Not too much to ask, is it?

Bob

7. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

Ha ha, me too but I would never have admitted it if you hadn't. Did you see the goldtop McTrem that sold around the same time you got your McSoap trem? I think whoever got that one got a good deal. $1700 is ringing a bell.