• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

My local store has a Gibson Es-135...Price Check?

Holliman

Triad Abuser
Looks pretty flawless. Not sure of the year. They want $800. I think thats pretty reasonable. I sure don't need to buy anything, but I believe I could make a little on resale.

m@2

Fair price. Wouldn't count on flipping it for a profit though.
+1 thats been about the going rate for used ones that I have seen. a good/fair price, but not much room for flipping profits

Holliman

Triad Abuser
Theres not a whole lot of Es-135's for sale on the used market. Seems the ones on Ebay are starting at $1,000.

Holliman

Triad Abuser
Well I was just forced to sell my Les Paul last week and turns out that I could probably could have held on to it. I wouldn't be buying it just to flip. I just want to know that I could get my $800 out of it or least be good trade bait.

Any comments on the 135's playability and sound?

MartinPiana

Gold Supporting Member
It's a Gibson - I'd want to play it before I buy it, and keep in mind that it may need a good setup to get it right.

Oakley

Most of the 135s I have played had some significant flaw that prevented me from buying them. The one I finally bought had a set of Harmonic Design VP-90s in it - that was a great combination. It sounded great and played really well. But the fingerboard hadn't been leveled well before the frets were installed. It felt just fine but it looked a little sloppy.

$800 is a price that you will most likely be able to recoup should you decide to resell it. That's all I'd worry about.

Trending Topics