My local store has a Gibson Es-135...Price Check?

Holliman

Triad Abuser
Looks pretty flawless. Not sure of the year. They want $800. I think thats pretty reasonable. I sure don't need to buy anything, but I believe I could make a little on resale.

m@2

Fair price. Wouldn't count on flipping it for a profit though.

+1 thats been about the going rate for used ones that I have seen. a good/fair price, but not much room for flipping profits

Holliman

Triad Abuser
Theres not a whole lot of Es-135's for sale on the used market. Seems the ones on Ebay are starting at $1,000.

Holliman

Triad Abuser
Well I was just forced to sell my Les Paul last week and turns out that I could probably could have held on to it. I wouldn't be buying it just to flip. I just want to know that I could get my $800 out of it or least be good trade bait.

Any comments on the 135's playability and sound?

MartinPiana

Silver Supporting Member
It's a Gibson - I'd want to play it before I buy it, and keep in mind that it may need a good setup to get it right.

Oakley

Silver Supporting Member
Most of the 135s I have played had some significant flaw that prevented me from buying them. The one I finally bought had a set of Harmonic Design VP-90s in it - that was a great combination. It sounded great and played really well. But the fingerboard hadn't been leveled well before the frets were installed. It felt just fine but it looked a little sloppy.

$800 is a price that you will most likely be able to recoup should you decide to resell it. That's all I'd worry about.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom