My long term Pedalboard plan

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rock-lobster, Feb 17, 2015.

1. rock-lobster

rock-lobster Member

Here's my pedal board currently:

[​IMG]

535Q > VP Jr > EP Booster >Mobius > Boss OS-2 > Hardwire > SC-2 > Mobius > Carbon Copy > Blue Sky

It is inevitable that I'll need a bigger board. I would rather have my expression pedals on the board. Considering the Pedaltrain Pro or something of comparable size (if anyone has any suggestions for cheaper large pedalboards let me know!)

I'm also trying to add the following:
    - I have a Flashback X4 on its way. We shall see if the Carbon Copy stays on the board after the TC gets here.
    - A Hardwire CM-2. The overdrive equivalent to my SC-2 distortion and an upgrade from the Boss for sure. I'd be using it for tubescreamer territory. This would pull the OS-2 from my board.
    - A compressor. Probably the Barber Tone Press or maybe the Empress if I can swing it, but a compressor is on my short list for sure. Need those sparkle-cleans.
    - A buffer pedal. I need to try one out with my rig and see if it makes a difference. The compressor could possibly make up for lack of buffer.
    - The EP boost will likely come off the board. I find it can cause muddiness sometimes.
    - I want to put my Earthquaker Organizer back on my board. It farted out on me and I need to send it to Earthquaker to fix.
    - I'm considering trading out the 535Q for the new Crybaby Mini or a Japanese Girl. The idea of a small wah pedal sounds very appealing.
    - The Mobius, Blue Sky and X4 will find its way in the loop soon.
    - Lastly, I'll probably need a new power supply. I'm 1-spotting it right now. The strymons have their own supplies.

Curious what you guys think of my plans. This is a lot of money to invest when it's all laid out in front of me. :messedup

2. CE-2 Man

CE-2 Man Senior Member

Your Boss is a buffer already, don't expect too much of a dramatic result.

3. richiek65

richiek65 Member

What about a Gorm shelf from Ikea turned into a peak board? I have been using one from their 3 row shelf and about to build a 5 row..cheap as chips if you have some very very basic ability to work with timber..

4. richiek65

richiek65 Member

Pedal...not peak..

5. thiscalltoarms

thiscalltoarms more gadgets than Batman. Gold Supporting Member

Yup a PT pro is probably a little big, but you're unlikely to find anything much cheaper without going the DIY route. Power wise, you'd be right about maxing out a Voodoo Labs Mondo which is 12 pedals of power and up to 4 strymons.

I personally have both a Voodoo Labs 4x4 and a PP2+ stuffed under my board. Covers isolated power for 16 pedals, mounting brackets for the Voodoo labs are included with the Pedal trains, and they have incredible customer service at Voodoo Labs

6. rock-lobster

rock-lobster Member

Would these types of homemade boards be light? One thing I love about the pedaltrain boards is that they're very light.

The Boss is likely coming off the board soon, though. Does the crybaby work in the same way? I'll admit I don't fully understand the buffer thing.

Interesting. Powering pedals can be confusing for me. I'll have to look into what I need. I know very little about the subject.