My Luczak is under way!

brentrocks

Guitar Hack/Player
Gold Supporting Member
Ron emailed me today and told me that my piece of AAAAA quilt maple for the top had arrived!!!:D:D:D

He had split the block and preped it for the rough cutout and bookmatching...wow is this exciting or what???!!! This is going to make for a killer top!!!:D

I have wood:roll!!!

brentrocks

Guitar Hack/Player
Gold Supporting Member
thanks man!!! Ron is an artist...his guitars are incredible!!!

baimun

Congrats!!!!.....

Here's a photoshop mockup of what I'm planning on Ron making for my second Luczak....

baimun

In my design, the guitar would have a bridge humbucker, an "almost neck" Seymour Duncan Lil' 59 bucker, and a neck P90. (keeps the pickup out of the middle area where I like to pick.)

The first 5 way would control the bridge humbucker's modes, while the second 5 way would control the pair of neck pickups something like....

1-Bridge Hum (series)
2-Inner Coil
3-Outer Coil
4-Parallel
5-Off

1-Both off
2-Lil 59 (tapped)
3-Lil 59 (Humbucker)
4-P90 + Lil 59
5-P 90 only

This would make virtually any combination possible, along with some of my favorite sounds available simply by flipping both switches with one motion... like both all the way down for bridge only, both all the way up for P90 only, both in the middle for the mini-humbucker with a single coil at the bridge (think Andy Summers Tele)

I like variety in pickups and controls, but I wanted something very straightforward and easy to control.

Neill

good thinking. the single coil (well, stacked here) would be oriented the other way around in my dreams... but thats a well thought out axe. the top in the pic is super tasteful too... keep us posted on this one.

brentrocks

Guitar Hack/Player
Gold Supporting Member
Very cool! Does Luczak make any guitars with trems?

-Austin
i was originally thinking of having Ron put a floyd on mine, but i decided later not to, so to answer your question, i think he does.

brentrocks

Guitar Hack/Player
Gold Supporting Member
Any news on the guitar yet? Whats his usual wait time?
Ron was at NAMM...so he hasnt done much to it lately...i'm not exactly sure where he is at in the process? I dont want to bother him and seem like a bug...lol

baimun

Ron's doing some great work for me as well....

... I had a custom body that unfortunately was cut wrong around the neck joint, not leaving enough wood for a proper neck joint and heel (without the neck and bridge being too far down or off center)

Ron carefully removed the mis-cut alder as to not damage the spalted top....

... and is going to re-mount the top on a mahogany body blank so the neck and bridge are properly fitted. :D