My Master Plan...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by mojocaster.com, Apr 10, 2008.

1. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Member

So originally, I wanted to take over this planet and rule this world.

Then I turned 4 and so the foolishness of my ways.

edited. --chiba

At 12 years old, hormones started buzzin', and them girls sure looked appetizin'... so the plan was to... well, you know what the damn plan was.

At 16, it was off to College, and the plan was to get as many degrees as I could in the shortest amount of time possible. And to still work on the plan above with my spare time ;)

Two Master's degrees later, the plan was to leave Europe behind and move to the US, meet great girls, marry one of them, and start a family. Done, done, done and done. This marked the end of the plan that was hatched when I was 12.

I got a gig teaching at MIT, and started thinking that a Ph D would be fun, for sure, but that a Nobel Prize would be better. After all, MIT already has, what 17 of them? I figured it'd be cool to add the 18th. Only problem was a distinct lack of talent and perseverance. Drat that.

By then the guitar had pretty much ingrained itself into my every awake thoughts. So the plan was to own as many damn guitars as I could afford. So last year I went on a binge and bought 80 guitars. Now that was a fun plan. :idea:

What I didn't know was that the plan would bring another plan, which is my current plan: to acquire a tele-shaped guitar for each pickup configuration I enjoy.

So far, we have:

Traditional Tele (MojoTwanger Hot Rod w/ Fralin Blues Specials & Koa T with OC Duff custom winds):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tele w/ TV Jones Pickup (Crook T-style):

[​IMG]

Tele w/ P90s (Tom Anderson Cobra):

[​IMG]

Tele w/ dual HBs (Don Grosh Hollow Carve Top T):

[​IMG]

So what's next? Well, I can't achieve world domination until I get a Trussart. Must have a Trussart. And I still want that Green Bender from www.RiceCustomGuitars.com! :)

2. Keld

Keld Member

you are a sick man. And I couldn't mean it in a nicer way!

3. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Member

4. Brock

Brock Member

I'd love to play these and hear what they can do.

5. amigo30

amigo30 Member

Haha...I enjoy your posts as much as your videos. Go get that Trussart and save the world!

6. strat6866

strat6866 Member

You seem to be missing a single pickup esquire. That would round out the collection nicely.

7. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Member

1. Sorry to those my post above offended. You will be happy to know I received a scolding and some kind of an official rebuke for my words. Points were taken off my eligibility status, or something to that extent. To be frank, the post was in jest. I thought the overall tone of the piece made that obvious, but be that as it may, whether posted in good humor or not, it appears that I broke some TGP rule, and I was reprimanded. Again, to those who were offended by that, my apologies. Such was not my intent.

2. An Esquire is something I always covet. I have had several in the past, and always enjoyed them. I think that's something else I'd like to acquire from www.RiceCustomGuitars.com at some point :)

8. Mondoslug

Mondoslug Supporting Member

I think until you turn that blue guitar in into a Blonde TA you're just dreamin'. :)

9. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Member

Well, I sure tried hard to acquire that guitar you mention, but no luck, so at this stage, I am wondering if it was meant to be at all!

10. lannyhall

lannyhall Member

This just shows how many guitars we can appreciate. What about the SC/P90 version, or some of the above with f-holes? Is a Tele still a Tele with a trem?

11. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

Mojo, I hear you. The Tele shape is definitely my fave as well, and that's sort of my master plan as well. The one in the bank already is the chambered Rosewood Tele with the traditional dual single coil config (tho they really are Area Ts), and the one on tap has a minibucker neck and Area T bridge, one of Rick Kelly's Bowery Teles. I figure those two will cover all my bases, and neither is really that straightforward of a Tele, yet suit my individual tastes.

So more power to you Mojo as you seek out your stable!

12. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Member

Thanks guys :)

lannyhall, I personally don't like a Trem on a Tele, but I am cool with people doing what they want to do. I have sold all my Bigsby-equipped Teles, for example...

13. cg

cg Silver Supporting Member

I absolutely love this one: Tele w/ TV Jones Pickup (Crook T-style).

Damn.....

14. dankayaker

dankayaker Supporting Member

I thought it was a riot. BTW . . . .what was edited out ?? If you're not getting an occasional reprimand . . you're not living.

15. openbar

openbar Silver Supporting Member

80 guitars in one year!?!?! You are an inspiration to us all.

16. joejoe

joejoe Member

Mojo, I am impressed with your ability to turn over guitars that you like. Obviously, it helps fund the acquisition of another guitar when you let one go, but I've always had a difficult time selling off a guitar, unless it's something I just don't like anymore! BTW, I'm ru with me drho from the Rev forum, love that faux maple Rocco! If you ever want to trade for an Eastpointe with two loaded pickguards...:drool

17. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Member

Thanks for the support. I'd write what was edited out, but then... I'd get reprimanded again ;)

Well, it's hard to achieve world domination without being some kind of a folk hero at some point ;)

Thanks. I love her as well - she's my #1.

She's a fine guitar, that little Rocco! :)

As for turning guitars over, I am not saying it doesn't hurt like hell, just that it has to be done... ah, if only I were a cold-hearted son of a ... wait, no, that doesn't work... Ah, if only I were independently wealthy! :D

18. avincent52`

avincent52` Member

two words: charlie christian

[​IMG]

19. DC1

DC1 Member

Who made your CC PU? How's it sound? What are you using in the bridge and how does it blend?

thanks!

DC

20. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Member