My Memory Lane Stopped Working :(

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by themusicboxstudios, Jan 22, 2006.

1. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

well i got home today after namm and plugged into my rig only to find out that my memory lane is not working properly. I accidently left all my pedals plugged in all night so they were on about 24 hours. When i got home everything looked as it should, the memory lane tap tempo was still flashing, but when i went to turn it on, ... no delay. I can hear a slight tonal difference but absolutely no delay. i tried switching the cable to the delay only output and still no delay.

i'm not sure whats going on.

any ideas?

btw, i tried my juicebox power supply (w/ the inverted polarity cable @ 18 volts) and the stock wall wart.

thanks, jon

2. Chuck Snider

Chuck Snider Member

Let it cool off and try it again....

3. drolling

drolling Member

And if that don't work, call Michael Knappe @ Diamond. He's at NAMM now, or on the way back to Canada.

4. themusicboxstudios

already e-mailed him, i actually met him today and i was praising the memory lane and his compressor. it's too bad it had to die on me when i got home :(.

btw, his new panning add-on is way sick.

i'll let you guys know if letting it cool off will help at all.

5. Rid

Rid Senior Member

The clock probally stopped...I think that I have seen all kinds of analouge delay deaths now...sigh, hope it will wake up again.

6. themusicboxstudios

:( ... it's still not working guys. everything still works as far as the tap tempo and the mod switches and stuff ... just no repeats or anything of the sort.

7. Chuck Snider

Chuck Snider Member

another thought is make sure the power supply is still giving full voltage.

8. themusicboxstudios

i tried my juicebox and the diamond power supply. sucks so bad ... blah ... now i have to ship this thing ... i was going to track guitars this week!!!!!!!!

9. mknappe

mknappe Member

Just sent an email, sounds like one of the MN3005's went bad. We'll have a loaner to you before the weekend... sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers,

Michael Knappe
    Diamond Pedals

10. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I've gotta say, boutique customer support is a diamond in the rough
    (enjoy your heapin helpin of corn!)

btw, I use the diamond comp and it's freakin sweet! Was everything I was looking for at an affordable price!

11. themusicboxstudios

alright guys, well michael is graciously sending me a replacement pedal for the time being.

great customer service :) he even gave me a free diamond pedals shirt at namm :dude.

12. jonny guitar

jonny guitar Member

Good Canadian Kids ......
    [​IMG]

13. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

Diamond pedals (Michael Knappe) seems to have excellent customer service. Michael was very accomodating in answering all of my emails (in a very timely manner I might add) before I bought my Memory Lane. Keep up the great service Michael, that's a big part of why Robert Keeley has been so succesful IMO.

14. msp

msp Member

+1

Michael has gone out of his way to find a solution for me too

it is greatly apprecitated

15. Passenger84

Passenger84 Supporting Member

I didn't see this post until it looks like it's too late, but just a thought. I'm using a couple Memory Lane's right now, and they're both really picky about where they're plugged into on the power strip. In order for them to work consistently for me, I have to run a separate power strip from the first plug position on my circuit breaker, and plug them into that separate power strip. Okay, I know that sounds crazy, and maybe it was something else, but when I run them this way, no problems. :) So, I don't know, if it happens again, maybe put it on its own power strip or get a higher voltage power strip?? I'm not completely sure.

16. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Gents,

I'm glad to see the customer service is A1 quality. I just received my ML from GVees in Holland and it's nice to know help is at hand! Great!