My mighty TimTone/Goodsell rig, arena gig report + pics!

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by BattleAngel, Oct 11, 2006.

1. BattleAngel

BattleAngel Member

Just thought I would share these with you. The tone is everything I want in my guitar sound- warm, clean with grit on tap when I need it, direct, and clear with a lot of character. I now have two first flight rigs that I can use: a Ruokangas/TopHat rig when we're playing locally and we don't need the extra space in the van and a TimTone/Goodsell rig for long haul gigs where we don't know the spaces. Both rigs provide playability and tone of the Gods, but I was glad to have the simplicity of the TimTone (which ironically has no tone knobs) and Goodsell (no standard EQ).

Anyway, I gave this rig a work out in front of about 1500 people last night. Here are the pics to prove it!
    [​IMG]
    The crowd coming before we took the stage.

2. BattleAngel

BattleAngel Member

3. BattleAngel

BattleAngel Member

4. BattleAngel

BattleAngel Member

[​IMG]

This was a cool show :)

5. bluesmain

bluesmain Member

Thanks for sharing the pics!

6. flash1

flash1 Member

Glad to hear your enjoying your Timtone. I have four of his creations, one of which is the same model as yours. Tim is a craftsman, none of my guitars are alike. It's a shame he quit the biz. Our loss. Enjoy it, it's one of a kind.

7. EunosFD

EunosFD Member

Ah, I forgot that you bought that Timtone not too long ago. Great to see it getting a good workout. :) Great venue for a show too. :AOK

Def. a shame Tim got out of the biz too. I would've loved to spec out a 2 pickup "Huey" model with a Stetsbar and some P-90's or TV Trons.

8. JingleJungle

JingleJungle Member

I never made it to get my own Timtone built - I had already plunked down a deposit but I kept on hemming and hawing w/ all the various options.
    Hope he makes back to his shop... had enquired if he wanted to sell his wood stash, but the answer was negative, which implies there is still a chance of seeing him back in business.

JJ

9. BattleAngel

BattleAngel Member

We'll see... if he does indeed start taking orders again, I'm going to have to jump in there and get another! Thanks for the nice feedback guys, it was an amazing show. We're playing Calving Theater in Northampton, Mass on Saturday and Ithaca State Theater on Tuesday. Should be a lot of fun. Hopefully I can get some clips/video next time.

10. fugot

fugot Member

the Timtone body shape reminds me of an Ovation Deacon solid body. One piece honduras mahogany with active pickups and phase switch. Looks like an 'AX', hence the term..
    That timtone sure looks sweet. good luck on show, Northhampton is a party town. peace mike