My new /13 4x12!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by celestion101, Nov 15, 2005.

1. celestion101

celestion101 Silver Supporting Member

This thing sounds insane with my FTR 37 head! I loaded the cab with Blues (wired to 8ohms) and I'm loving the way it sounds...complex and chimey cleans and a very detailed sound when overdriven. I'm usually not a 4x12 person but this is truly the exception to the rule. I also have the matching 2x12 cab (Blue and a G12H30 in that one). It's kind of a funny story, but Fred only had a little of this blue color, just enough to do the head and 2x12 (including the side panels). It was kind of a one time deal on the color and I dug the fact that I would have a "one off' setup, so I went with it. Then 2 months later I mentioned wanting the 4x12 for larger stages and it turns out that he had just enough for the matching "V", but not the side panels. I still think that t still looks killer though. More importantly.......it rocks!!:dude

[​IMG]

2. Topcat

Topcat Member

Hey Rick,

That looks really cool!!!! With a fiddle to match. Wow.

BTW, What is the weight on that 4x12?

Terry

3. celestion101

Hi,
    The matching guitar was kind of by chance but it worked out cool (my main gig guitars are a ASAT Deluxe and an American Tele). I'm not sure on the weight...no more or less than a Marshall straight cab I suppose (75 - 80lbs is a guess).

4. Richards

Richards Silver Supporting Member

Sweet Jesus, that is beautiful!! Enjoy!!!

5. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

Super cool. I dig my 4x12 more and more everyday. Makes it harder to go back to the 2x12, even though its an awesome cab. I might try the fixed baffle version and get the open and closed backs so I can go back and forth..

6. no1yuno

no1yuno Supporting Member

I've also got an FTR37 with a matching 4x12 with Blues! What a great combination. I also have a late 60's Marshall 4x12 with 70's blackback Celestions. I think Fred's cab is the closest I've heard to the old Marshall. My Heritage Colonial also sounds great through both cabs.

7. Madison

Madison Member

Beautiful rig! I'd love to hear it.

8. celestion101

9. steve10358

steve10358 Supporting Member

THAT IS GREAT!!

What speaker options do they offer and how much is the cab? What ohms are the heads?

10. celestion101

Thanks! I "believe" Fred generally offers our Greenbacks in the 4x12's, however that may be negotiable with him (he also features our G12H's and Blues in a number of his models). I loaded this one with Blues. His heads will run 4, 8, or 16ohms with a few extra featurs to boot! I'm not 100%, but I think that the 4x12's go for around a $1000...give or take a few $$. :dude

11. steve10358

steve10358 Supporting Member

How do the blues sound compared to the GB's? What about the G12H's in that cab? I have Marshall RI GB cabs right now and am shocked that they now go for $1049!! WHY would anyone pay that when you have cabs like these and others around?

I need one bad. Damn.

My only dillema is that out of all the great sounding clips I've heard, NONE have been hard rock or pop. I play low gain and vintage gear- and have a dark, heavy tone (hands).

I assume the RSA will work for me?

12. Teleplayer

Teleplayer New Mods On The Block Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Man, you cats must be playing on some pretty big stages, at some pretty big venues. :)

Great looking rig, by the way.

13. celestion101

I use this in venues that seat 600 - 2000 people and it works great. I don't really crank it any louder than my 2x12, but I use it when I have the space (depth) on stage to get out in front of it (versus on top of it). If I use the 2x12, it's up on the road case.

14. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

woooooo daddy! that's badass... :cool: