1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

My New Amp - Mesa Boogie Transatlantic TA-30

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Eric Porter, May 2, 2016.

1. Eric Porter

Eric Porter Member

First - I want to thank everyone who sent me messages or gave me input on amplifiers. I really appreciate all the help and suggestions from everyone.

Proud new owner of a Mesa Boogie Transatlantic TA-30. I feel pretty lucky to have come across this amp. I have been researching, and asking many questions here over the last two months, and have had a chance to play some amps over that time. I saw this listed as used on Friday evening, and went to check it out on Saturday, and went back Sunday with my other guitar and my delay to run through the effects loop. Today, it is mine!

I've had a chance to play it for a few hours, and really like the tones/sounds I am getting from this amp, and looking forward to learning all it can do.

The best part was it was new and not used. I'm seeing them listed on Reverb.com for $1700-$1800 new, and I got this for a $1000 (w/ tax). I had read about the TA line, and was interested, but figured my only chance would be used. So, the best of both worlds, new at a reduced price as it was manufacturer discontinued overstock..............I feel it was a great deal.

Really enjoyed the "Bring back the Transatlantic Series" thread, might have helped push me over the edge.

2. Neff

Neff Member

Congratulations!

Eric Porter likes this.
  3. Kentano2000

Kentano2000 Member

So you got it! Congrats!

Eric Porter likes this.
  4. High/Deaf

High/Deaf Member

Congrats. That's a heck of a deal, considering you probably got the 5 year warranty and the tube warranty (which are a bonus if it was a floor demo).

And the nice thing is you can grow into this amp. I've gone back and forth between clean on Green and dirt on Red and vice versa on my TA15 - it has quite a few good settings to keep me amused. I got mine as a NOS about 4 months ago and can't believe I didn't give this a serious listen before that.

Eric Porter likes this.
  5. Eric Porter

Eric Porter Member

There are definitely options with this amp. Loving top boost - channel 1 and Tweed - channel 2 right now.

Looking forward to the first band rehearsal with it

la noise likes this.
  6. rummy

rummy Member

Great amp. Congrats.

7. hendrik7

hendrik7 Member

Congrats! 1k is a total steal!

8. Wibcs39

Wibcs39 Member

Great amp, I use one as my main gigging amp. Definitely take some time to explore the settings as there are a LOT of sounds to be found.

Eric Porter likes this.
  9. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

10. HerrRentz

HerrRentz Member

Congrats on a nice amp. May I be so fortunate one day.

Eric Porter likes this.
  11. Bandersnatch

Bandersnatch Member

Clips or..... just kidding :D

Happy new amp day! (belated)

Eric Porter likes this.
  12. dilznik

dilznik Member

Where are you guys getting these screaming deals on NOS TAs?

Eric Porter likes this.
  13. la noise

la noise Member

Congrats, Eric! You made a killer choice. :aok

One of my all-time favourite amps... ever. :dude

Eric Porter likes this.
  14. Wibcs39

Wibcs39 Member

I got a new TA-30 head for around $1100 from a local dealer last year soon after they got discontinued. I would imagine most any small Mesa dealer is willing to sell discontinued products at a discount, but that kind of thing may be hard to do online versus actually stopping in and talking to them.

Eric Porter likes this.
  15. Eric Porter

Eric Porter Member

All I can say was this was luck and good fortune. I got the amp at the local store I do business with regularly. I've been researching for a few months, and the TA was on my watch list.

I saw it posted on their website, and went in the next day, but thought it was used. When I went over to look in their Mesa section, the tag had $1499 on it. I walked over and asked the guy at the counter, but told him I saw one on the site for $999, but the one on the floor has $1499. He went in the back and checked with someone, came back and said, that's the one for $999.

I guess they are out there, keep your eyes open and be patient.

16. Eric Porter

Eric Porter Member

Thanks man, I'm so psyched. Can't wait to rehearse and play out with it. Feel free to share any tips/settings that you like using :rockin

la noise likes this.
  17. moosewayne

moosewayne Supporting Member

Wise choice, my man.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You scored new for pretty much used $$.
    When is the first rehearsal/band practice?

Eric Porter likes this.
  18. Eric Porter

Eric Porter Member

Total luck finding a new TA, and thrilled with the price.

We won't have a rehearsal until the second weekend in May, so I am going to play around and try to dial in some of the settings for the songs we do. Having a blast tweaking knobs and playing around with the different channels and settings, a lot to learn!

la noise likes this.
  19. fjs1962

fjs1962 Silver Supporting Member

Congrats on the TA-30, that's a killer price, a couple hundred under dealer cost!

Eric Porter likes this.
  20. Eric Porter

Eric Porter Member

For once in my life, I feel like I finally got a good deal! Really enjoying the amp, hoping to get a lot more time in with it this weekend.

la noise likes this.