My New Custom Acoustic- Kronbauer. Check it out

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by btdvox, Jun 14, 2006.

1. btdvox

btdvox Supporting Member

Hey guys, I havent seen Kronbauer guitars tossed around in this forum too much so i thought i would contribute, This is my first Custom Acoustic and its looking to shape up amazingly! Trevor Kronbauer does some amazing stuff- his site is www.kronbauerguitars.com

Anyways heresThe Specs first

Kronbauer TDK Mini Jumbo
    -Amazing Sitka Spruce ( I mean come on he lives in Sitkaland aka BC and i live only 3 hours away;)
    -EIRW Back and Sides (very straight grained as you can see below)
    - Flamed Maple Binding
    -Bloodwood Purfling
    -Spalted Maple Rosette and End graft
    -Ebony Bridge, Head Veneer(striped), Fretboard
    -Flmd Maple Binding and Bloodwood Purfling also on Neck and FB
    -traditional Florentine cutaway
    -5 Piece neck (Mahog,Flm Mpl,IRW,Flm Mpl, Mahog)
    -IRW Heelcap which meets and matches the 5 Piece neck (RW) outlined by Ebony
    -Clear Pickguard
    -Bone Nut(1 3/4) and Saddle with Ebony Bridge pins (abalone dot)
    -Thanks to you guys; Gold Gotoh 510 tuners 21:1 with Ebony Buttons
    -Mother of Pearl K logo, Mother of Pearl Snowflake Inlays, Mother of Pearl fretboard markers.

Its amazing the thoroughness you can go with Trevor like outlining the smallest areas and accenting other areas you wouldnt think of usually! Here are some pics. Trevor said that he started his first coat on the body yesterday! And will send pics next week! soo excited.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. btdvox

btdvox Supporting Member

And pics with the first coat on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. -kk-

-kk- Member

VERY NICE!!! hmmmmmm... im still looking for a good acoustic, would be keen to hear how it plays/sounds once you have it.

4. snarkle

snarkle Member

Let me know if you don't like it: that's my all-time favourite body size and nut width.

More seriously, it looks like you're in line for a really lovely guitar. I hadn't heard of this builder before, even though I'm also in B.C., but I'm going to have to stop by his shop next time I'm in the Okanagan.

It might be an expensive visit!

5. enickma

enickma Member

The spalted Maple is a very nice touch :drool

May we enquire what the price is on a custom piece such as yours ?

6. btdvox

btdvox Supporting Member

It is a must, Kronbauer is amazing, Hes the next Larrivee in the spectrum. ive played 2 of his guitars and they played just amazingly. But his wait for guitars are almost 9 months!!!

Enickma: you would think the price would be round oh lets say 3500+. Lets just say this guitar is about 2400. Pretty freaking impressive eh;)

7. JPERRYROCKS

JPERRYROCKS Member

Kron's are talked about a lot over at the acoustic guitar foum and spoken of very highly. He went from 3 months to over a 1yr + wait in a very short abount of time.

I like the Jumbo cutaway design as well. With a 5 piece neck, you can order a guitar from him in the $2500 range, and it looks like an Olson.

8. enickma

enickma Member

On his website I only saw two models available. Does he offer a full Jumbo size ? Whats up with the sound port ? With work like that, he should have way more pics of past guitars, especially with all the cool things he can do

9. btdvox

btdvox Supporting Member

Honestly i would say the same you get a good idea with his gallery because hes busy dealing with like making 20 guitars at a time, but intricately. The sound port is so you can hear the sound also, couple of luthiers been doing this, its an option. some people love it some dont, if you go AGF forum ull see lots of pics of Kronbauers. He does all sizes i thikn but you have to ask him

10. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

11. btdvox

btdvox Supporting Member

thanks man! ill have new pics up soon.

12. btdvox

btdvox Supporting Member

Hey guys, Just got the newest pics from Trevor, the guitar is close to being done, and then it has to cure for awhile. its coming along nicely!! I really love how he outlined the Heel cap with ebony on the second pic- It might be finished earlier:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]