My new custom pickguard for my newest guitar build

clay49

Gold Supporting Member
I just finished a new Warmoth build, basically a Les Paul in a tele package, with solid mahogany body with white pearl paint, mahogany neck with ebony board ('59 round back profile), CTS 550K matched pots, Switchcraft jack and toggle, vintage Tonepros tuners, and most importantly, Skatterbrane Woodbrane pickups...tasty!!!

But, once I got her all assembled, it just didn't seem quite "complete." So, I got my card stock, mechanical pencil, and I designed this elliptical pickguard and sent it off to Mary Newell at Terrapin Guitars.

I just got it back yesterday, and I had to hit the pickup cavities a touch here and there with my dremel, and, "bam", she's ready to go. The material is brown celluloid tortoise...not bad, eh???

clay49

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks, guys! I had fun designing it and Mary did a great job on the cut. It took me about 8 tweaks to the original template to get it just like I wanted it.

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
Brilliant innovation … looks really good …!!
Big Bravo for your imagination …

kracdown

Custom User Title
Silver Supporting Member
really neat! Thanks for posting. I would love to hear some clips of that tele...

Tone Disciple

Platinum Supporting Member
Great job! I have been tweaking an El Dorado tooled leather pickguard for a Tele build right now as well, so I appreciate the thought that went into your design and execution.

RJLII

I guess I preferred the original look, but Kudos on the unique design and superb craftsmanship.

mykljpao

I love unique pickguards and that is just killer slick. Simple, elegant and visually kinetic. Way cool.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom