• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

My New Fuzz Pedal: Pedal Stacking Content

rawkguitarist

OK, I have two really cool fuzz pedals. A germanium version of a Lovepedal Karl (two knober) and an older Zvex Fuzz Factory. Both of these offer a really nice contrast to my more smooth, perfect, amp like OD pedals.

But lately I've been longing for a smoother, more versatile fuzz pedal. I know this isn't new, but I came across a really cool solution. Since my home board has a Karl and a RAT (and the RAT exhibits some fuzz qualities) I decided I would try stacking them last night. Case closed!

I was literally able to create so many versatile fuzz tones it's sick. From Fuzz Face (with the Filter on the RAT turned up) to more piercing octave/ring mod sounds. The key is to keep the gain quite low on the RAT and use it as the EQ and compression and then get most of the gain from the Karl. I’m not talking about a compromise. I’m talking about a *killer* tone. Reminiscent of some of the BJF fuzzes I’ve played.

I probably will not be gassing for another fuzz for a while now. Anyone else found another combo they love. The key is not a compromise, but something that is really what you want.

mobis8

Is the tone you found more for single note sustain type sounds, or can you chord with it as well? I find that when I am trying to stack a fuzz with any pedals it becomes unusable as a main sound... I don't have a rat however, and am in the market so maybe this would push my "gas" a little harder lol...

rawkguitarist

Is the tone you found more for single note sustain type sounds, or can you chord with it as well? I find that when I am trying to stack a fuzz with any pedals it becomes unusable as a main sound... I don't have a rat however, and am in the market so maybe this would push my "gas" a little harder lol...
Well, IMO no fuzz is great for chords the way a nice crunchy OD or good distortion pedal is. Fuzz is Fuzz. That said; it still sounds cool in a Foxy Lady kinda rhythm tone. If you want something good for chords, I suggest something like the Eternity or BJF DRD. If you do particularly want a fuzz that's better for chord work there's the BJF Pink Purple Fuzz. A sick pedal, but discontinued so *very* expensive.

saltydogg

Rock & Roll Enthusiast
Platinum Supporting Member
I've been hunting for a BJFE HoneyBee for quite some time now.

saltydogg

Rock & Roll Enthusiast
Platinum Supporting Member
OK, I have two really cool fuzz pedals. A germanium version of a Lovepedal Karl (two knober) and an older Zvex Fuzz Factory. Both of these offer a really nice contrast to my more smooth, perfect, amp like OD pedals.

But lately I've been longing for a smoother, more versatile fuzz pedal. I know this isn't new, but I came across a really cool solution. Since my home board has a Karl and a RAT (and the RAT exhibits some fuzz qualities) I decided I would try stacking them last night. Case closed!

I was literally able to create so many versatile fuzz tones it's sick. From Fuzz Face (with the Filter on the RAT turned up) to more piercing octave/ring mod sounds. The key is to keep the gain quite low on the RAT and use it as the EQ and compression and then get most of the gain from the Karl. I’m not talking about a compromise. I’m talking about a *killer* tone. Reminiscent of some of the BJF fuzzes I’ve played.

I probably will not be gassing for another fuzz for a while now. Anyone else found another combo they love. The key is not a compromise, but something that is really what you want.
Do you put the RAT on the input side or output side of your Fuzz pedals?

Trending Topics