• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

My new Hayseed!

tiller

Hi folks!

I've had my Hayseed for about a month now. A few users have asked for some pics, so I thought I'd make quick showoff thread. The amp is loaded with a Celestion Blue, and a Weber Silver Bell, and a must say, it's a killer, killer combo. The Blue has got that awesome smooth chime and bite, and the Silver Bell fills up the low end underneath it. I also have the EF86 channel as well, which I normally bridge to the Top Boost channel. I haven't done that lately though because the EF86 tube is terribly microphonic. Anyway, here's a couple pics!

Apologies to all the low-res folks. The pictures are rather large!

scott1568

"I also have the EF86 channel as well, which I normally bridge to the Top Boost channel. I haven't done that lately though because the EF86 tube is terribly microphonic. "

Maybe this guy can help.

herbiesaudiolab.home.att.net

thisfire

Great pics of a beautiful amp! You're making me think twice about going with a Vox instead...

69strat

I have the same color combo in a head and 212 setup... I just love the burgundy and gold!!! Very classy!!! By the way, try a telefunken ef86.... Very nice and not that expensive..

jimijazz

Nice amp. Only got rid of my 30 to get a 15, but congrats on the amp!
Get that EF86 sorted, because a cranked EF86 channel is just amazing!!

HeeHaw

Fantastic looking amp you have there! Is the waiting time still pretty far out on those Hayseed models?

tiller

Thanks for all the comments folks! I'm going to make a couple demos on Monday I think. Speakers still aren't completely broken in yet, but they are good enough for a demo.

As far as wait time goes, I ordered the last week of July and it got here the second week of December. Pretty close to what Rob had quoted. I'm not sure if the wait time has changed since then, however.

Thanks again!

-Adam

teefus

rob makes great amps. i know it might sound like a lot but a $30-40 nos ef86 is a bargain as they usually last longer and definitely sound better. especially if purchased form a reputable dealer.

Powerpopfan

Hey Tiller, how does the BOR sound through the 'seed? Does it still sound Marshally through all that VOX chime? I'm looking for one.

tiller

hey dude!

i have to admit, the BOR really doesn't sound that well at all through the Hayseed at all. I don't really know how to describe it, but it just sounds weird, and not particularly good. I can't get some decent fuzz tones out of it though on the neck pickup with the tone rolled off. Other than that, I can't really say it's working that well. The only reason I've kept it around is for the boost, which I think sounds awesome. I can take my clean sounding configuration into overdrive heaven with the flick of a switch. The BOR sounded much much better through the Peavey Delta Blues that preceded the Hayseed. Even though they are both 4xEL84 type amps, the BOR got along much nicer with the Peavey and took it into Marshall range much more effectively. I will probably end up selling the BOR to get a RC Booster or something similar.

Thanks for all the comments. I am totally in love with this amp!

Peace,
Adam

The Pup

No Complexity Without Value
Heaven is found plugging straight into a Hayseed.

Rob made you one nice looking amp.

Very cool!

Trending Topics