My new HBE Germania

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sixstring531, Jan 31, 2008.

1. sixstring531

sixstring531 Supporting Member

Well, this is my first journey into the germanium/rangemaster clone territory. Just got it today so I am still on the honeymoon.

Here it goes -

So far I love this thing. It sounds perfect through the AC30 on the brink of breakup and makes my neck pick-up on the Les Paul (which has always sounded muddy) breathe a little. I threw it in front of the FDII and think I have found a great combination. I actually play my FDII with the volume comp/cut pulled up instead of my normal down position.

I cannot believe the beautiful tones I get from the Germanium alone. It actually works with the volume on my pickups so I can dial my dirt/grit on the guitar and with my pick.

PLUS - got it for $66 brand new on ebay :) Cannot beat that price. I wish I could record clips for everyone but I think my playing might spoil the pedal.

All other Germanium Booster users -- welcome me to the club.

2. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

Congrats. I've had one for a few months now and after initially bonding with it through a Tele, I've had trouble really getting it to do what I want with Strat's, etc. I'm holding on to it though; I'm sure I'll figure it out at some point.

3. welcometoashley

welcometoashley Supporting Member

Chicago (Humboldt Park/Ukrainian Village)
    i love treble boosters and have a custom made one, a java boost and an AM Beano Boost on the way.... although i liked the germania, it was a bit harsh with my rig... i liked the HBE Germacide quite a bit...

4. funkycam

funkycam Member

great price!
    I had one & didn't bond, but I'm a strat guy..

5. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

wow, i really want a germanium treble booster to go with my ac30, buit i don't want to add YET ANOTHER boost/drive pedal to my board... you think having a skreddy screwdriver (on the way) and a subdecay liquid sunshine can fill the void??